Friday, June 2, 2017

Blog Tour and Book Review for Ruckus by LJ Shen

Title: Ruckus
Series: Sinners of Saint #2
Author: L.J. Shen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 26, 2017
"This series is one of the best I've read all year" - Angie, Angie's Dreamy Reads
"LJ Shen delivers and then some. I am loving this series." - Kylie Scott New York Times Bestseller
"It's unpredictable, raw, emotional, and edgy- pure chaos contained in a beautiful package." - TJ Loves Books
"LJ Shen just wrote her best love story ever!" - DD's Boom Room
Rosie
They say that life is a beautiful lie and death a painful truth. They're right.
No one has ever made me feel more alive than the guy who serves as a constant reminder that my clock is ticking.
He is my forbidden, shiny apple.
The striking fallacy to my blunt, raw, truth.
He is also my sister's ex-boyfriend.
One thing you should know before you judge me;
I saw him first. I craved him first. I loved him first.
Eleven years later, he waltzed into my life, demanding a second chance.
Dean Cole wants to be my bronze horseman. My white knight has finally arrived. Hopefully, he isn’t too late.
Dean
They say the brightest stars burn out the fastest. They’re right.
She sets my mind on fire.
All smart mouth, snarky attitude and a huge heart.
In a world where everything is dull, she shines like fucking Sirius.
Eleven years ago, fate tore us apart.
This time, I fucking dare it to try.
Getting to her is a battlefield, but man, that’s why they call me Ruckus.
Rosie LeBlanc is about to find out how hard I can fight.
And conquering her will be the sweetest victory.



The HotHoles are back in book two of Saints and Sinners series Ruckus and I was one very happy reader. L.J. Shen gives us some of the dirtiest talking bad boys in a series and I can't help but fall in love with them even though the intellectual side of me says run away from them. It's a magnetic pull these men have that draws the character and reader in. 

Dean "Ruckus" Cole has fallen into the trap of man-whore with an addiction to alcohol or anything that can shutdown his brain cells. 11 years ago he let the one girl that made him feel alive push him away and now that she's just a couple floors down, he's not going to give up on making her his. Dean comes off as such an asshole, but his story will have you looking beneath his tough, jerky and womanizing exterior. This character will drive you absolutely crazy his dirty talking will ring in your ears, his alpha male persona left me trying to memorize his features, his weakness that has him falling to his addiction left me shaking my head and it his love and desire for Rosie that left a place in my heart for him.

Rosie LeBlanc is strong, determined, and independent, she moved away from home to be with her sister Emelia. Rosie stayed behind to live in the big city to prove to her parents that she can take care of herself and handle her illness on her own. Rosie watched as her sister dated the only guy that her heart felt a connection to in high school. Years have passed and the promise that Rosie made to herself that she would never allow Dean into her life and heart, since it would feel like a betrayal to her sister. Will she be able to keep that promise to herself now that the guy she dreamed of is standing right in front of her wanting her more than anything? 

Ruckus had me from the first page, the connection between Dean and Rosie was destined. We are bystanders in this perfectly written contemporary romance waiting while these characters go through life's emotional obstacles until they realize what we already know...That their love is written in the stars. 

L.J. Shen did an amazing job with giving us Dean's story and bringing all the other hotholes together teasing us with the possibilities of what's to come with this group of men. This is one sexy read with the perfect amount of drama that also had me in tears.  I still gasp for a breath when I think of this story, it sure does linger in my mind a little longer than I had expected. 5 Must Read Stars!

L.J. Shen resides in sunny California with her husband, son, chubby cat and wild, wild dreams. Her passion is to write badass stories, sushi, UFC and her awesome family and friends (not in this order, though. Obviously, sushi comes before writing. Oh, and also the family part.) She spend the first half of her twenties traveling the world and is now paying all the fun with extra shifts in front of her MacBook. Feel free to contact her on her Facebook page. She loves to hear from her readers.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spotlight and Book Reviews for In Ruins and In Pieces (Something More Novel) by Danielle Pearl

Amazon She wanted to start again. To be someone--- anyone ---different . . . Freedom. When Carleigh Stanger thought of co...