Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Friday, May 26, 2017

Release Blitz and Book Review for Disgraced by Natasha Knight




Title: Disgraced
Author: Natasha Knight
Genre: Dark Romance
Release Date: May 26, 2017

Blurb

Disgrace: the condition of one fallen from grace.
She is my forbidden fruit. The one temptation I cannot resist.
The first night…
I rescued her from an attack in the seedy underground of New York City.
The second night…
She told me the first of many lies.
She thinks she can keep me out of her world, but she’s in over her head. Watching her, being near her, it gives breath to something dark inside me. Something primal and forbidden. Forbidden to me.
Because in six months, I’ll be an ordained priest.
And she complicates things.
She thinks she is my disgrace. Truth is, my fall had begun the moment I’d laid eyes on her.




I'm probably going to sound like a fool with this review. As a reader who reviews books and blogs about them it sometimes happens that a book falls into your hands and somewhere during the story, the characters seem familiar and you feel as if you know them from somewhere. Well, that happened to me while reading Disgraced by Natasha Knight. 

Disgraced can be read as a standalone, but I have to say that you will want to read Dishonorable and meet Raphael and Sofia who crossover into this story. When I realized that my mind was blown and my excitement during my read went up a few levels- that might have been my blood pressure, anyway I went all high school girl excited. The characters from this story met in Dishonorable when Lina was just 16 and Damon was 24 and he was deciding if becoming a priest was the path he wanted to take, they had a connection but it was forbidden right from the start.

Damon Amado is still questioning his decision to be an ordained priest, so he is sent to live with a priest in New York to work on funding and to maybe realize which path he wants to take in his life. Damon is nothing what I had expected, his dominate alpha male persona and the words of filth, tease and demand will over heat your tablet and possibly others things. It is Damon's heart and need to protect that would have any women submitting mind and body to him. 
Drawn in by the sounds that is being played on a piano in a New York City club, he walks in to find what his heart had already told him that the woman playing the piano is none other than Katalina Guardia.

Lina Guardia, has been living with the guilt of turning her grandfather in and putting him behind bars. She believed that moving to New York she would understand the people that her grandfather did business with but ends up feeling like property for the Russian mob. Not wanting to involve or put into danger those she loved, she tried to handle the dark and twisted situation she was in but it seemed to only make things worse. Now that Damon is back into her life, she wants to protect him from her secrets and lies. The temptation that is Damon is too hard to resist even though he is forbidden, will he be able to help get her out of this mess or will he walk away again and follow the path that will lead him to his first love- the church?

Natasha Knight does not disappoint she brings the suspense, the twisted sexual passion and taboo story line.  I loved that we were reminded of other characters and hinted of possibly a third book. I know this book might not be for everyone due to some extreme taboo sexual matters but I found the love between Damon, Lina, Sofia and Raphael outweighed all that stuff and proved that in the end it takes the love of the person that loves you and your family to get you through anything. 
5 want more of the Amado men Stars!


Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU




Author Bio

USA Today Bestselling author Natasha Knight writes dark romance as well as spanking romance in a variety of genres including contemporary, paranormal, post-apocalyptic, science-fiction and fantasy. She is a #1 Amazon Bestseller in multiple categories forever searching in every story for that single most important element of love. All of her stories contain at least one kinky Alpha male, lots of dirty talk and a well deserved happily ever after.

Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment