Sunday, March 12, 2017

Book Review for Chasing After Me by R.C. Martin


Chasing After Me (Made for Love #5)

by R.C. Martin
I found her hiding in her own eyes—
the pretty little thing in black Chucks.
Even then I knew...
Knew that she would light my world.
Knew that she would steal my heart.
In just one glance, I knew I'd let her have it all.
All she had to do was take it.
All she had to do was chase her...
Chase the girl I saw in those gorgeous brown eyes.
Chasing After Me has been written as a STAND ALONE novel. Intended for readers 18+ years of age due to language and sexual content.



Chasing After Me is my first read by R.C Martin and it will not be my last. Let me begin by saying that I wasn't sure what to expect by the synopsis and it started off just a tad slow for me, but once I figured out where this story was headed I dove in and didn't want to take a breath. I found it to be an amazing story of finding oneself through heartbreaks and seeing yourself through someone else's eyes.

In this story we have Kenzie a beautiful, shy, caring, family-oriented, religious and pre-med student who loves giving of her time and heart. This character is so beautiful inside and out, I found myself on a roller coaster of a ride with her emotions. Through heartbreak Kenzie does not doubt her beliefs in the Almighty God but she question her anger and her career decision. It takes meeting one gorgeous guy who challenges her to open her eyes to a whole new world.  Will she be able to let go of all the expectations that surround her and put herself and what she deserves first?

Coder, what can I say about him that will magnify his personality and paint a picture to you as a reader of this character that is so deserving of being acknowledged? He is a boot wearing, tattooed artist, dirty-talking, alpha male, loving, kindhearted, and gorgeous  heaven sent of a man. Coder has a past experience that changed his view on life and he doesn't take it for granted. He knows what he wants and has the patience of an angel. To say it is easy to fall in love with him is not enough, he swept me off my feet.

R.C Martin perfectly wrote the connection that I felt between Coder and Kenzie, with every word spoken by Coder I felt the goosebumps and a smile throughout my body. Chasing After Me is more than a sexy falling in love story, Kenzie's time volunteering at the hospital will be an emotional one that you have to experience for yourself. It is already causing a lump in my throat just thinking about it. I loved everything about this story all the characters are ones that I want to get to know more about. I hope that you will lose yourself in this sexy, heartfelt, heartbreaking and memorable 5 Star of  read!





I'm a born and bred Coloradan. While I now reside in Virginia, the land of the Rocky Mountains is where I've left a piece of my heart and where my characters come to life. When I'm not writing I'm reading; when I'm not reading I'm writing...you know how it goes! I also enjoy cooking, baking, crocheting, and jigsaw puzzles. Basically, I'm an old soul with a young heart, nonchalantly waiting for my prince to come.
 
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Boost for The Evolution of Us by D. Kelly

Title: The Evolution of Us Author: D. Kelly Genre: New Adult Release Date: October 11, 2017 Blurb They say m...