Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Book Review for Reckless Romance by Maggie Riley

Reckless Romance

by Maggie Riley



Josh Lawson--he's got the body of an athlete, muscles galore, and thick, tousled bed head hair. He's always Mr. Serious, but when he smiles it transforms his entire face. I'd quietly lose my cool if that smirk were ever directed at me.

But playboys like him don't go for theatre nerds like me. Especially when the playboy in question is a strong silent type who is my opposite in every way. 

I definitely am NOT in love with my best friend's brother. So why do I find myself dreaming/lusting over his broad shoulders and incredible arms? And why did we practically hook up on the dance floor at his sister's wedding? I can't get him out of my mind.

***

Reagan Bennett is not my type. She's happy, artistic, and deserves the real deal. I'm moody and only good for a one night stand. But after our impromptu sleepover, I can't get her out of my head.

She's got legs for miles. She's creative in all the right ways: she knows all the best spots in New York City and she's passionate about everything she does. Plus, her chocolate chip pancakes are killer.

She's everything good. I'm not gonna be the one to bring her down.

But the more time we spend together, the harder it is to keep my hands off her. I want her. Hell, I need her. It might be reckless, but it also might be love.



                                         Review:

     How can you not stop and want to find out about this book, just by the sexy cover alone? Reckless Romance by Maggie Riley is more than the first impression we get from the cover, don't get me wrong the character Josh Lawson exudes sexiness. I found this story to be more than a sex on a stick read, it has all those feels of a silly girl having her first kiss or a even the feeling of falling in love for the first time. It was hard not to smile throughout the read, I did get frustrated at times because of how stubborn the male character could be. I have to just say that I found this story to be perfectly written to the point that I felt all the emotions from these two characters falling in love and finding a way to let go of the negativity from their past. 

     Reagan Bennet, is very easy to fall in love with. She is your typical theatre nerd, she's creative, happy and a very positive person. Reagan has a secret that creeps up at times and has her questioning her self worth and beauty. Luckily, she's smart and having two best friends helps that keep her grounded. One of Reagan's friends hopes that maybe if she would spend time with her friend's brother Josh, maybe her happiness and positive attitude would rub off on him. That may be hard to do when she can't help the attraction that's between them. 

     Josh Lawson sends a smile to my face just thinking about him, he's gorgeousness makes it easy to overlook his grumpy and serious attitude. Josh suffered an injury that ended his career as a minor league baseball player, he moved back home to be closer to his sister. He just didn't expect and quickly realized that his sister concocted a plan to add some happiness to his life by having him spend time with her best friend Reagan. Falling in love was a surprise to everyone, but hopefully secrets and attitudes don't come between these two.

     I loved everything about Reckless Romance! It has the perfect amount of sexiness, comedy and heartfelt moments that I enjoy in a great read. Maggie Riley gave me the perfect contemporary romance of falling in love, having great friends, letting go of your past and believing you deserve better. I finished this story with a smile on my face and a very happy heart. 5 Giddy Star of a read!

                                      TEASERS:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Pretty Dirty by Madison Faye

Title: Pretty Dirty Series: Dirty Bad Things #2 Author: Madison Faye Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 11...