Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Release Blitz for A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart




Title: A Thousand Letters
Author: Staci Hart
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 9, 2017



Blurb

Sometimes your life is split by a single decision.

I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them.

But now he’s back.

I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid.

Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance.

One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey bought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.

*A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*


                                      My Review:

     A Thousand Letters grabbed me right from the start, I am pretty sure this is my first Staci Hart read and I have to say I feel slightly embarrassed because I have eyed a couple of her books and I might even have one in my kindle library. This story may not be filled with hot sex but it has something that drew me in and that is a emotional connection to the story and characters, it is a story of walking away from love and not believing you're deserving of a second chance. The families in this story are complete opposites, one family is giving of love and the other can just shred a persons worth to pieces.

     Right from the beginning we are given the story of Wade and Elliot's young love, their plans for a future and a decision that could destroy and leave them both brokenhearted.  Their love is felt in every page I turned, it is frustrating at times but I couldn't help but want for them to have that happy ever after they so deserved. 

     Wade fell for Elliot right from the start and when he doesn't get the answer that he wants from Elliot before he leaves and joins the Army, Wade walks away and never looks back. He puts an emotional wall up and becomes hardened by the time he has served. Wade is needed back home to help and deal with his father's health issues, will having the one girl he walked away from be to much to handle at this emotional time? This family's love for each other and those that they have accepted into their family is so overpowering. This family will more than touch your heart, I felt as if I was brought into their household.

     Elliot may seem like a doormat, I had to question her acceptance of her family's treatment of her so many times,they angered me to the point that I wanted to yell at them and tell them what a wonderful daughter and sister she is. I found her to be beautiful inside and out, trying to be a person that will pick her battles. Since the day Wade walked out of her life, he never realized that he took a part of her with him. She lost track of her dreams and was content with living in the now and doing for others. The only good in her life seemed to be Wade's family with being the best friend to his sister she finds herself needed and having to put her feelings aside and look the guy that broke her heart on a daily basis during the hardest time in her's and their life. 

This is one story that I find myself wanting to keep babbling about, because how can I explain the love of two broken people who have built so much up to protect themselves from getting hurt again into a review. The blame, anger, guilt and much needed forgiveness that Wade carries is heartening. I found myself wanting Wade and Elliot to fight, stand up for them self, and take a chance on love again. I loved everything about this story , A Thousand Letters is one emotional 5 Star Must Read!

                                     ADD TO GOODREADS





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited

 



Author Bio


Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom, with three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife, even though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. Her favorite word starts with f and ends with k.

From roots in Houston, to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she's not writing, she's sleeping, cleaning, or designing graphics.



Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment