Friday, February 10, 2017

Blog Tour and Book Review for War Poppy by Stevie J. Cole and LP Lovell writing as Nicole Lynne

rb-banner_warpoppy_blogtour
War Poppy by Nicole Lynne is LIVE!
war-poppy-ebook-cover

BUY NOW! 
Blurb
PoppyLove and war. Two words that should have little association, but to me the two go hand in hand. Both are a tragedy. They rip you open and spit you out. The war killed my husband, Connor, shattered my will to live, and took my best friend. Brandon may not have physically died in that war, but his soul did. And now we're left to pick up the wreckage. Expected to move on when all that is left is the ruins of a life we once had. Brandon War. It took everything from me, even myself. When you're only able to exist, death seems like a blessing. Pain...a welcome distraction. I ran from everything associated with my past, and then she found me, fighting, drowning myself in whisky, trying to forget. She reminds me of Connor, of what I've lost—what we've lost. In the midst of destruction, she's a salvation I don't deserve. I shouldn't love him. I shouldn't love her. Love is a war we never should have fought.

           My Review:                                


     How do I write a review for a book that totally destroyed me and try to put into words the emotional heartbreak I went through with this story. I am a fan of Stevie J Cole and LP Lovell as a writing duo or on their own, but at close to 4 in the morning with each tear I shed and tremble in my body I found myself cursing them out. 

      In War Poppy we have three characters Poppy, Connor and Brandon who from a young age become inseparable best friends for life. Growing up there is a connection between Brandon and Poppy but his bad boy image and his need to protect his best friend pushes her towards Connor, the good guy and safe choice.

      Connor and Poppy are happily married until Connor's life is lost in the war. Poppy is left with memories, heartbreak and the promise to her husband that she would look after Brandon. His promise becomes her way of living, she knows Brandon has gone AWOL, he's hurt and alone so she gives up everything to look for him. Brandon could be her excuse to keep the love of Connor alive or could it bring back all those feelings for the first guy she had every fallen in love with?

     Brandon lost everything that mattered to him, he held his best friend's dead body in his arms on the battle field and he has become consumed by anger, nightmares and memories that could only be set aside by fighting for money, demons, sex, drugs and alcohol. He is not the man Poppy or Connor remembers or can even be proud of. He can't even pull it together to keep the promise that he made to his best friend to look after Poppy. He lives a daily battle and when Poppy finds him it could be just what they both need to exist. Brandon and Poppy's love, connection and sexual chemistry was always there from the beginning but now that Connor is gone will they be able to stay true to him or can they allow themselves to fulfill the need they have for each other? Will Brandon be able to fight his demons for love?

     Darn It! I was hoping I could make it through this review without shedding any more tears and I have failed. This is a story that should be told and read but the subject matter of PTSD is so heartbreaking and it brings out an anger in me that is indescribable, fictional characters or not this story seriously breaks a person. Even through all my tears, I hope everyone reads this story because it is one that you need to experience for yourself. War Poppy is a 5 Star emotional roller coaster of a must read.
    


war-poppy-teaser-1
ADD TO GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33132474-war-poppy
war-poppy-teaser-2
Pre-order
Book 2, War Hope is releasing May 2, 2017
Stevie J. Cole
Stevie J. Cole lives deep in the woods of Alabama with her husband and two precious daughters. She studied Epidemiology concentrating on cancer research but has always had a passion for writing. Some of her stories will strip you bare, some will give you nightmares, but the one thing she can promise is that she will always give you stories that make you feel. Raw. Gritty. Love. Because sometimes characters need to be flawed. P.S. Stevie's greatest fear is the impending zombie apocalypse. Think about it: swarming armies of decaying, oozing corpses stumbling around with clicking teeth, trying to eat your face. Nothing about that is good. NOTHING!
Author Links
TWITTER FACEBOOK
LP Lovell
Lauren Lovell is an indie author from England.She suffers from a total lack of brain to mouth filter and is the friend you have to explain before you introduce her to anyone, and apologise for afterwards.
She's a self-confessed shameless pervert, who may be suffering from slight peen envy.LP loves to hear from readers so please get in touch.
Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Love for Christmas

Title: Love for Christmas A Billionaires and  SEALs Romance Box Set Authors: Julia Kent, Cora Seton, Lynn Raye Harris, Blair ...