Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Monday, November 14, 2016

Release Blitz and Book Review for More Than Friends by Monica Murphy

More Than Friends FOR WEB.jpg

More than Friends by Monica Murphy

Release Date: November 14th, 2016 Genre: Young Adult Romance Cover Designer: Hang Le

Synopsis:

He's not perfect, but he's all I want... I’m your average girl at your average high school, trying to figure out my place in life. After catching my now ex-boyfriend messing around with my now ex-best friend, I’ve made some big changes. No more band, no more backstabbing friends and no more boring old life. Now I have new friends, a new job and new interests. But there’s a certain someone who’s interested in me, and I don’t get it. Jordan Tuttle could have anyone he wants. He’s the most popular boy in school. Rich, gorgeous, smart and the star quarterback, he’s perfect. Yet he acts like he wants no one else but…me. So despite my fears and doubt, I let him get close. Probably too close. I discover that he’s not so perfect after all, but it doesn’t matter. I’m falling for him, even though he runs so hot and cold. I know someday he’s going to break my heart. And I’m going to let him.

                                    My Review:


     I am seriously debating on whether I should write my review right after reading More Than Friends  because Monica Murphy left me feeling like I just got dumped by my high school boyfriend. I am not familiar with the story of Jordan and Amanda but now after reading this story I want to go back to the beginning and read about them and the other characters. I am really not to much into young love romances but this story had me flipping pages and reading the whole night through until I consumed it. It has a cliffhanger that leaves you in a love/ hate relationship with the author.

     Amanda is your average senior, she is a great student, daughter and friend but feels invisible to the others in her school. She seems oblivious to her beauty and that is what makes her irressistable to the popular boys. Her ex boyfriend and her best friend leave her not wanting trust others, which at times becomes annoying but knowing that she is avoiding a broken heart leaves the reader wanting what is best for her. Amanda may not be rich but her family is rich in love and her upbringing makes her the strong person that she is, but will she be strong enough to walk away from the most popular quarterback in school?

     Jordan Tuttle is gorgeous and the most popular quarterback in high school who has had a crush on Amanda for some time now. The more she pushes him away the more he wants to fight and make her his girlfriend. Well, that is what he wants but everything about Tuttle screams afraid of commitment. He pushes away what his heart wants, with the issues of his family he believes he will break Amanda's heart and his own.  

     Monica Murphy writes this beautiful story of young love with trust issues, experiencing sex and life. Will following their heart be whats best for them or should Jordan and Amanda walk away before they can hurt each other any more than they already have? I am so ready for the next book in this series and I loved every minute of this story. I want more #cuddlewithtuttle time!!! 5 stars must read.


  More-Than-Friends-PRINT-FOR-WEB.jpg

Add to Goodreads

Preorder exclusively on iBooks

Read the prologue, One Night Free on All platforms or on Wattpad:

About the Author:

Monica Murphy is the New York Times, USA Today and #1 international bestselling author of the One Week Girlfriend series, the Billionaire Bachelors and The Rules series. Her books have been translated in almost a dozen languages and has sold over one million copies worldwide. She is both self-published and published by Random House/Bantam and Harper Collins/Avon. She writes new adult, young adult and contemporary romance. She is a wife and a mother of three who lives in central California on fourteen acres in the middle of nowhere along with their one dog and too many cats. A self-confessed workaholic, when she's not writing, she's reading or hanging out with her husband and kids. She's a firm believer in happy endings, though she will admit to putting her characters through angst-filled moments before they finally get that hard won HEA.

Connect with Monica:

No comments:

Post a Comment