Friday, October 28, 2016

Book Review for Chameleon Soul (Chequered Flag #1) by Mia Hoddell

Chameleon Soul ( Chequered Flag series)

by Mia Hoddell

I have it all: my dream career as a Formula 1 driver, more money than I can spend, crowds who cheer my name "Teo Coates," and an endless supply of beautiful women to warm my bed as I travel the world.

I should be happy. I should love my life.

But none of it means anything without her.

One year ago, the love of my life broke off our two-year relationship via a phone call. No explanation, no apology, and no sign it was coming. She shattered me...ripped out my heart. And the worst part is that I couldn't stay to fight for her without losing my career.

However, now the racing season's over, I'm back, and I intend to reclaim my girl's heart.

There's just one problem.

The girl I left behind no longer exists. Plagued by fear, something has broken Raine Wilkins to the point where she's struggling to cope with each day. It's going to take all of my skill to gather the explanation I was denied a year ago and persuade her to reveal her secrets. But if there's one thing I can guarantee, it's I never lose. I returned to the UK with one goal: win back the girl I love, and nothing and no one will get in my way.

Recommended for ages 17+ due to language and sexual content. Each book in the Chequered Flag series can be read as a standalone and is complete with a HEA. Chequered Flag books are sport romances with elements of suspense, and are written with British spelling and grammar.
 

                                My Review:

     Chameleon Soul is my first read by Mia Hoddell, I may have had a hard time connecting with and picturing the characters at first, but that did not stop me from reading. I was grabbed from the mystery of the story line in the beginning, I needed the answers to the secrets and lies that were keeping these two characters apart.

     Raine Wilkins, is struggling to keep herself together, the memories of what she went through a year ago weighed heavy on her heart. Raine believed at the time that the scar she received, that was suppose to be a message for the man she loved was best kept as a secret. She would rather walk away and allow the man she loved to keep living his dreams and reach his goal to be a first place Formula 1 driver. Will having her ex boyfriend's brother as a best friend and her nightmares and panic attacks happening anywhere, will she be able to keep her secrets much longer once he returns home from the UK?

     Teo Coates had it all, a beautiful girlfriend that he loved and he is very well known as a race car driver. His girlfriend breaks his heart without any reason why and on the night that he has to travel to a race, he decides to get on the plane and not look back. A year later after sleeping with more women that he can count and trying to erase the memory of the woman that he loved, he returns home. Teo never expected to find his ex falling apart right in front of him, she was not the woman that he knew. He wanted answers and he was not going to give up, but will he be able to find out what happened to Raine and stand by her once he discovers the truth?

     Chameleon Soul had some suspenseful moments that kept me swiping the page, the fear and breakdowns that Raine suffers are emotional and felt. The passion is intense with Raine and Teo, which had me wanting them to fight for each other. Further into my read, I started to feel the connection with the characters, Mia Hoddell still left some mystery with one of them that left me wanting to grab book 2 in the series ( which I will). I am happy that they could be read as a standalones. 4 star read and the only reason was because it took me a while to connect with Teo and Raine, very good story line though.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Boost for The Evolution of Us by D. Kelly

Title: The Evolution of Us Author: D. Kelly Genre: New Adult Release Date: October 11, 2017 Blurb They say m...