Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Friday, September 23, 2016

Book Review for Falling Sweetly by Aidan Willows

Falling Sweetly ( Starling Falls #2)

by Aidan Willows


ANNIKA
My life has been odd lately.
I’ve been looking for love.
I’m not sure what it’s supposed to look like, but I’ve been looking for it.
Date after date with awful losers has not left me with much hope.
Also, Jacob Jameson, the man I’ve had a stupid crush on, asked me to help him with his restaurant.
I foolishly said yes.
Let the months of awkwardness commence.

JACOB
The girl I like keeps avoiding me.
My restaurant has been sabotaged.
The reputation that I’ve worked so hard to achieve is in ruins.
So overall, my life is not great right now.
I’m pretty sure Annika Abbott, object of my affections, is the key to reviving my business.
I’m done patiently waiting for her to come around to the idea of us being together.
Now I just have to figure out how to make her fall for me…


Annika Abbott is socially awkward, shy, kind and looking for love. She’s not embarrassed to admit it. She is, however, rather embarrassed by the freak show parade her latest set of dates have been. Annika has often been told she’s too nice for her own good, which is probably how she’s ended up agreeing to work on Jacob’s restaurant with him, after stealthily avoiding her (supposedly) unrequited crush for months.

Jacob Jameson is pretty sure he’s met the girl of his dreams. The only problem is she keeps evading him. Casual stalking seemed to help his brother land his fiancé, however, Jacob is a busy guy and stalking is a hard thing to work into a daily schedule. It’s a good thing he’s efficient. Killing two birds with one stone seems like a solid plan; get Annika to help him create a winning menu at his restaurant and persuade her to give him a chance.

Now, if only he knew how to go about winning the woman’s affections.


Authors Note: 18+ For mature readers only. Book contains graphic language, scenes of a very sexual nature, an extremely passionate but clueless chef, a self-conscious but gifted heroine, an intrusive but loving family, an insane, musical loving best friend, a c*ck-blocking cat and a goldfish who's a really good listener…
 

                                My Review:

     My review for Falling Sweetly by Aidan Willows is going to sound corny, bias and selfish and I don't care, because after reading the second book in the Starling Falls series I was left with one of the best book highs ever. I love this series, and this story reminded me why. I love the Jameson family, I love all the brothers and the Abbott sisters.  Aidan Willows has made me feel as if I am apart of this family with her writing. The selfish part of me wants a story written for each character and I am not talking novellas (short story), I want a full blown story.

     Annika Abbott may be the most insecure, shy and awkward character but it is her kindness, love and her quirks that make her lovable. Annika's need to find love leads her on some crazy dates but it does open the eyes of one man who has had a crush on her since the day she came into his life. With her bakery running smoothly, her time could be used to help a friend out with his restaurant and who knows it may be that time together that could lead to something more. Will Annika's insecurities be the downfall to having a relationship with a man that can see every part of her and has fallen for her just the way she is?

     Jacob, is the chef in the Jameson bunch and has hit a hard patch, he trusted a co worker and that lead to tarnishing his name as a chef. He finds himself making a decision with his employment, the changes could lead to him finding his love in cooking again and it could also lead to finding true love. Jacob has been so busy with work, he never had time to date but once he finds out that his brothers fiance's sister Annika is dating, his possessive side comes out.  Jacob is not hard to fall in love with, but will he have the patience it takes to wait til Annika falls in love with him?

     It may take a while in the story til these two characters come together, but in the meantime Willows had me feeling the sexual tension between them. I laughed and had heartfelt moments with the Jameson family and the built up of a relationship in the making made my reading experience worth the wait. When Jacob and Annika finally let their guards down it is passionate. I am not kidding, when I say I can't get enough of each and every character. It has it's silly moments, it's steamy moments, brothers and sisters moments and moments of self doubts; Annika with her body issues and Jacob with doubting his decision whether it be his cooking or his new venture in business. The one thing this story has is...
love and this family loves hard. This is a 5 star must read!

                                   TEASERS:
                             
                            

                              About the Author:
Aidan Willows lives in London, England. She graduated from the University of London with a degree in Psychology. 

After spending an absurd amount of time in the company of her e-reader, she finally decided to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and finally let loose all those imaginary friends she has floating around in her head. 

She is an avid reader, daydreamer, tea fanatic, amateur baker (though her and bread have a tempestuous relationship), appreciator of all things whiskey related and she generally watches far too much television.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment