Monday, August 22, 2016

Release Blitz and Book Review: The Sex Education of M.E. by L.B. Dunbar




Title: The Sex Education of M.E.
Author: L.B. Dunbar
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 Release Date: August 22, 2016



Blurb

I’m forty, flabby, and frustrated. Don’t get me wrong, I have a good home, a decent job, and great children. I had a loving marriage for twenty years where we had our ups and downs. It wasn’t perfect; but it wasn’t awful. Then he died. 

After the grief took its course, and the reality of my life set in, I grew frustrated. It wasn’t the bills or the struggle to keep my interest in my work. It was life without a man – the only man I’d been with for twenty years. And before you go all feminist on me, it isn’t that I can’t be an independent woman, but there are certain areas where a man is necessary. 

You need a fuck buddy, my friend said.
I didn’t even know what that meant.
Is it friends with benefits?, I asked.
Better, you don’t even have to be friends, she offered.
 

Boy, did I need an education in the modern workings of dating, and sex.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
A coming-of-an-older-age novel.
Something new from L.B. Dunbar -- a stand alone!



                                   My Review:

     As I started to read The Sex Education of Me by L.B. Dunbar I had a small glimpse from the blurb what I was in for. What I didn't expect was to find myself lost in the story and not wanting to put it down. It grabbed me from the story line with a forty something yr. old widow trying to get back into the dating world after the death of her husband, whom she had been married to for twenty years. This story is so much more than that and I hope I can do it some justice by my review.

     Mary Elizabeth ( Emme) as she would rather be called is on a ride to a new chapter in her life. With the help of her best friend and neighbor Gia, Emme is on a sexual exploration to find a man to replenish a need that has been lost for so long. All Emme wants is the touch of a man with no strings attached, that's what she imagined. Emme was married for 20 years, mother to two daughters and has been a widow for more than a year. With putting her daughters and marriage ahead of everything, she is now trying to find herself. Emme's insecurities and trust issues may be what holds her back from allowing someone to remind her what feeling loved really feels like.

     Merek Elliot, is a man with a womanizing past. Merek is the same age as Emme but likes to date younger woman with the expectations of never really getting close to them for reasons of his own. He never expected to meet Emme and have his life turned upside down. Emme wanted a man for sexual reasons to feel someone for the first time since the death of her husband, Merek knew he would be the perfect driver for this situation. There was no way he was going to let someone from a match dating site be the first to touch Emme. With all these feelings taking over Merek that he has for Emme will his secrets be what destroys their relationship before it even truly gets started?

     The Sex Education of M.E. had me laughing, upset, frustrated, swooning and heartfelt. Emme had me upset with her insecurities and Merek had me frustrated with his fear of commitment. When they are together it is over the top steamy and made me feel guilty for even feeling like I was in the middle of their passionate moments. I more than loved Emme's story, a 40 something year old widow, mom with insecurities who is trying to find herself. It was so refreshing and is a book I recommend wholeheartedly and for some of us we will see some of ourselves in Emme. This is a definite 5 star read!!!

I was lucky to be given a ARC for a honest review.

                                                         *** For Mature Readers***







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK






Author Bio


L.B. Dunbar loves the original legend of King Arthur. Inspired by this classic tale, she pulled over to the side of the road to take notes when it hit her that if King Arthur lived today, he'd be a rock star. A lover of fairy tales, myths, legends, and anything with happily ever after, she loves to read and write contemporary romance. Her Legendary Rock Stars series is complete with the final tale: The Trials of Guinevere DeGrance, but the story began with The Legend of Arturo King. She also wrote The Sensations Collection, which includes five stand alones based on the five senses in a small town setting near Lake Michigan. Raised on one side of that lake, she grew up in Michigan, but now lives on the other side, in Chicago. Mother to four, wife to the one and only, and teacher to hundreds of former students, she looks forward to sharing more stories in the future.



Author Links



                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz and Book Review for Shades of Her by Ozlo and Priya Grey

Title: Shades of Her Author: Ozlo & Priya Grey Genre: Contemporary/Erotic Romance Release Date: October 18, 2017 Cover Des...