Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Book Review for Synister - Push Series Book 1 by Alexis Riddley

Synister - Push Series Book 1

by Alexis Riddley

As I took the steps to the stage I soaked in the moment, allowing the feeling and emotion to fill the void. I knew their love for me was only temporary, but it was enough. Enough to keep me going forward, and enough to sate any desire for permanency. This was my reality, all I was capable of feeling. A brief encounter with a sea of nameless faces, the anonymity kept them from seeing me for who I really was at my core. To them I was Synister Smith, and god damn it they loved me.


                                                            



                                                                Amazon
                                                                
                                                           My Review:
This is not my first story by Alexis Riddley, but damn did she remind me of how captivated I get by her writing. Synister is my first story dealing with rock and roll lifestyle, the musicians,  the women they sleep with and the women they love. This is a book that once you have started it, it will be one that you won't want to put down. It is dark, heartbreaking, suspenseful, tragic with a love story so strong that is destined to be. 
Synister, is the drummer in the rock band Push, he can have any woman he wants. Unless, it's the one woman he feels he can never deserve. Syn puts his brother and his best friend Brooklyn before anything, they have his heart and he has proved that all his life. His past will break your heart and his future seems desolate. His biggest obstacle is feeling deserving of love, but how many times will he be able to push the one woman he has always loved away?
Brooklyn is Synister's best friend and inspiration, she is everything he wants but can never have. Brooklyn has lived her life and has always been able to keep up with Synister's rock and roll lifestyle being that she is the rock that holds this band together.  At the happiest moment of her life it will take a tragic turn. Will the love that Synister and Brooklyn have be enough to get them through this emotional time in their life? 
Alexis Riddley had me a emotional mess with Synister, I cried and my heart felt heavy. I found myself crying for a moment of happiness for Syn. This story is a emotional roller coaster of a read and deals with situations of child abuse/molestation and rape. The biggest thing I took away from this story is through all of those traumatic moments in ones life, it is the love of a woman/ best friend, band mates and a brother that will make life easier and as long as Syn realizes that he will have everything he needs. This is a 5 star must read.
I was given a ARC for a honest review


TEASERS:

                                                        About the Author

 Alexis Riddley spends her day’s knee deep in the grind of corporate America, but her love of reading is what pushed her to put pen to paper. Bringing to life the stories that once existed only in her head. Alexis loves the outdoors, adventures, and music. Oftentimes music is the catalyst or the trigger for memories, and emotions that she uses in her writing. Alexis rarely watches television, but is a total comic book freak, superheroes, the whole lot of them. She is obsessed. Alexis is willing to try anything, at least once, as long as it keeps the soul free and the mind open. She is a kid at heart who refuses to let age define her and limitations contain her. Alexis is a romantic, with a twisted mind and sexy imagination. She still believes that happy endings exist, just that sometimes they do not come in the pretty packaging you may have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment