Saturday, August 27, 2016

Book Review for Neighbor Dearest by Penelope Ward

Neighbor Dearest 
by Penelope Ward

STANDALONE NOVEL that does *not* need to be read in conjunction with any other book.

From New York Times bestselling author, Penelope Ward, comes a friends to lovers story with sexy new characters.

After getting dumped, the last thing I needed was to move next door to someone who reminded me of my ex-boyfriend, Elec.

Damien was a hotter version of my ex.

The neighbor I’d dubbed “Angry Artist” also had two massive dogs that kept me up with their barking.

He wanted nothing to do with me. Or so I thought until one night I heard laughter coming through an apparent hole in my bedroom wall.

Damien had been listening to all of my phone sessions with my therapist.

The sexy artist next door now knew all of my deepest secrets and insecurities.

We got to talking.

He set me straight with tips to get over my breakup.

He became a good friend, but Damien made it clear that he couldn’t be anything more.

Problem was, I was falling hard for him anyway. And as much as he pushed me away, I knew he felt the same…because his heartbeat didn’t lie.

I thought my heart had been broken by Elec, but it was alive and beating harder than ever for Damien.

I just hoped he wouldn’t shatter it for good.

Author's note – Neighbor Dearest is a full-length standalone novel. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.
 


                                                            My Review:

     I should have learned to write a review right after reading a  Penelope Ward book. Neighbor Dearest is my second story that I have read by Ward, my emotions go all over the place with her writing. It's one of those books that I dive into and lose all sense of my surroundings. 

     Chelsea is a character that is so like able, she is a director at The Mission Youth center. Chelsea is broken-hearted after being dumped by her boyfriend who left her for his stepsister. Needing someone to talk to Chelsea seeks the advice of a therapist never knowing that her neighbor has been listening to all her phone sessions. When she realizes that all her secrets and insecurities have been heard by her very hot neighbor, she decides to listen and take his advice instead. Which leads to dog sitting, a new friendship and a overload of emotions Chelsea never saw coming. With getting mixed signals from her neighbor will Chelsea let her guard down enough to find love again?

   Damien seems to be an angry artist but when it all comes down to it, he is funny, sexy and great at being a friend. He has more money than he knows what to do with, but he likes to lay low and work on his art and maintain the apartments. The moment he realizes his new neighbor has issues he is more than willing to give her advice and help her move on. The only thing he wasn't willing to do was give her a chance at dating him, he wanted to be a great friend and keep her heart at bay. He never wanted to be someone that would break her heart and knew that if she were to fall for him, she would walk away a broken person.
He has his secrets and is not willing to share them with anyone except his mother and brother, who are great characters. Will Damien be able to stand by and watch Chelsea date without losing it?

Neighbor Dearest is a great friends to lovers read, the sexual tension between Chelsea and Damien left me on edge at times. The suspense is in the tug of war of two people wanting each other so bad and in the secrets they are keeping. I loved everything about this story, each character has their own story to tell now that Damien and Chelsea's has been told, I could only hope. I could not have been more swept away by the ending. I gladly recommend a Penelope Ward book easily, so for me Neighbor Dearest is a must read. 5  Stars

                                        TEASERS:



                                   About The Author:


Penelope WardPenelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beautiful 11-year-old girl with autism (the inspiration for the character Callie in Gemini) and a 9-year-old boy, both of whom are the lights of her life.

Penelope, her husband and kids reside in Rhode Island.

She is the author of nine novels. Her book RoomHate hit #2 on the New York Times Bestseller list and #1 on the Wall Street Journal Bestseller list. Other New York Times bestsellers include Stepbrother Dearest, Stuck-Up Suit and Cocky Bastard (the latter two co-written with Vi Keeland). 

Penelope loves friend requests from readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Spotlight and Review for Everest by S.L. Scott

Title: Everest Author: S.L. Scott Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense SYNOPSIS From New York Times Bestselling Auth...