Sunday, August 14, 2016

Book Review for The Good Neighbor by A.J. Banner

The Good Neighbor 
by A.J. Banner

                                                                   Amazon
From a phenomenal new voice in suspense fiction comes a book that will forever change the way you look at the people closest to you…
Shadow Cove, Washington, is the kind of town everyone dreams about—quaint streets, lush forests, good neighbors. That’s what Sarah thinks as she settles into life with her new husband, Dr. Johnny McDonald. But all too soon she discovers an undercurrent of deception. And one October evening when Johnny is away, sudden tragedy destroys Sarah’s happiness.
Dazed and stricken with grief, she and Johnny begin to rebuild their shattered lives. As she picks up the pieces of her broken home, Sarah discovers a shocking secret that forces her to doubt everything she thought was true—about her neighbors, her friends, and even her marriage. With each stunning revelation, Sarah must ask             herself, Can we ever really know the ones we love?
                                                                                                                                                                          
                                   My Review:
     I just finished The Good Neighbor by A. J. Banner, I had recommended it for our book club but I hadn't found the time to read it since I also read and review books for my blog page. I finally said to myself, " put all the other books on hold and read a book that has been calling to you." I am so happy I did. It is a fast read, but it did not lack anything I love in a great suspense story. The characters are perfectly written which makes each character stand out.
     Sarah Phoenix, is a author and is happily married to her husband Dr. Johnny McDonald. Life seems perfect in Sarah's little neighborhood on Sitka Lane, all it took was one night while her husband was away for her life to come crashing down. After that fateful night, Sarah is recovering and is trying to put her life back in order. While trying to pick through remnants of any memories in her home, she discovers a secret that will have her questioning her marriage, neighbors and friends. Soon every one becomes a suspect, suspicious and also dangerous. With Sarah feeling like her life has been a lie, is there anyone around her that she will be able to trust?
       A.J. Banner did a great job with The Good Neighbor, I was kept in suspense and had that feeling of I need to know...Now! I felt I wasn't reading and turning the pages fast enough so I could get to the answers, which I feel makes a great story and writer. This is a 5 star must read!
     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz and Book Review for Shades of Her by Ozlo and Priya Grey

Title: Shades of Her Author: Ozlo & Priya Grey Genre: Contemporary/Erotic Romance Release Date: October 18, 2017 Cover Des...