Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Book Review for Courage to Trust by Pavan Kaur



Courage to Trust

by Pavan Kaur

Synopsis:
I knew I should have stayed away from Rhett Johnson. Captivating, beautiful, talented not to mention a UFC prize fighter, and a man who knows what he wants and he wants ME. 
Who am I? Scarlett Parker. A maid in a luxury Vegas hotel. I’m damaged, broken and running away from the darkness around me. I don’t believe in happily ever after. The attraction between us is like a drug, one we both dangerously need. Wounds break open as my past returns. Is this my happily ever after or is this a disaster waiting to happen?

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I0IJ21Q
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I0IJ21Q


                                                      
                                    My Review:

     I feel extremely lucky to have been asked to read and write a honest review for Courage to Trust by Pavan Kaur.  This story was a emotional roller-coaster of a read for me and by the end of it I was in tears and upset because I did not have the second book in my hands. I loved every minute of reading this story and if it was up to me I would have read it and ignored everything that was happening around me. I wanted to consume this story without being bothered.

     Scarlett Parker is a maid in a luxury Vegas hotel, she is one tortured and broken soul. Scarlett has a tendency to push everyone away and drown her demons with liquor. With fighting her alcohol addition and her demons, how will Scarlett ever let anyone into her life to love and protect her? One night stands and working hard to support her brother is all she believes she deserves in life. Her past is a nightmare that she can't seem to free herself from.

     UFC prize fighter Rhett Johnson will truly melt your heart and break it. He is gorgeous and he will not give up til he gets what he wants and what he wants is the maid that cleans his hotel room. Rhett never expected that her demons will be as powerful as his own. Will he be able to handle Scarlett's past? Will Rhett be able to open up about his own demons before it's to late? Rhett's love for Scarlett is intense, addicting, passionate and heartfelt but is it enough to keep them together?

     When Scarlett and Rhett are together the chemistry is strong, steamy and frustrating at times. All the characters in this story make a big impact and are perfectly written. I have to admit I was a big baby at the end; I cried, I pouted and I mentally cussed out the writer because selfishly I wanted/needed book 2. The story is intense, I got lost in the mystery and suspense of wanting to know what happened in their past and what does the future hold for these two characters.  Courage to Trust is a 5 star read and I can't wait for Scarlett and Rhett's story to continue.

                                                *** For Mature Readers***


About the Author:rr:
Pavan Kaur is a wife and a mother of two boys. She was born in Birmingham, England.
She finally decided to publish her first story from the Moving Series, Moving On.
She writes Romance books, as she believes everything should have a happy ending.
In her spare time Pavan loves to bake with her children, and spending time with her family as they are the moment important people in her life. She loves watching TV anything from Criminal Minds to The Big Bang Theory.
You can always drop her an email at dreaming083@gmail.com
Follow her blog at http://pavankaur83.blogspot.co.uk

Facebook:


Twitter:

https://twitter.com/PavanKaur01



No comments:

Post a Comment