Thursday, July 7, 2016

Book Review for Deep In You & Deeper In You by David S. Scott

Deep in You

by David S. Scott

My name is Alexander Phoenix. You’ve probably heard of me, most people have. I’ve won numerous awards and medals all over the world, including the last two Olympics Games. Outside gymnastics, I’m untamable. Many have tried, none have succeeded. They’ve called me a playboy, a philanderer…

Until a chance meeting in a bar with her almost proves to be a disaster for both of us. She’s hot, fascinating and, despite the fact that she poses a risk to me because she’s a tabloid reporter, I can’t help but feel drawn to her. 

What are her secrets? Who wants to hurt her? 

I’ve never shied away from challenges. Why should I start now?
                                                                                                      

Favorite Quotes:


I never did repeat performances. That was just asking for disaster. No commitments, no mess, no emotions.

I wanted my life back. I wanted her to go...even as I needed her to stay.


                                   My Review:

     What can I say about Deep In You by David S. Scott? I should begin with for this being his first series, David sure knows how to make a reader feel the emotions, heat and the suspense in a story. I was left frustrated by two characters which has never happened to me before, it was hair pulling at times. I wanted to reach inside the story and slap some sense into Alexander Phoenix  and Lily Campbell.

     Xander is Olympian Gymnast, a public figure who is very easy on the eyes. He is known for his philandering ways, not into relationships, he is more of a one night stand man. From the beginning I was so Xander, here you have this gold medal winning Olympian who has a strong personality and is dominate in the bedroom. Then in the blink of a eye the man goes and loses all common sense over a woman he meets in a bar. That night Lily comes into his life ends up igniting a flame inside of Xander and it also begins a downward spiral that could destroy him.

     Lily Campbell is one hot feisty tabloid reporter who catches the eye of one Mr. Phoenix, there seems to be trouble following her but is she willing to face the truth of who is behind it? Lily has been hurt and betrayed by an ex and friends so it's only right that she is skeptical of people. Her actions at times annoyed me and I couldn't understand how she had this power over Xander. I was so confused because I hated her at times and then I also wanted her to have that happy ever after.

     Deep In You is a story of a man losing all senses over a woman to a point that he might lose everything he has ever worked for. It's a very hot and steamy read which had me blushing at times. It does have a " what the hell" cliffhanger that had me going straight to book two Deeper In You. 

TEASERS:

Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA




Deeper In You

I’ve lost everything …

And I mean everything. Once a household name, now just a broken shell. Lily has left me and taken my entire future with her. I just want to sleep and never wake up. Forget love, forget passion. All of it. I’m done. 

My Name is Alexander Phoenix, former Olympic gymnast. I was once known as the X-Wing, as the man who flies. Make that flew… 

Can I salvage my future and reclaim my place as the man I used to be? Or does fate have something else in store? Haunted by ghosts of the past, I must find the strength to move on and find my path. Broken hearts still beat, right?

I’ve never shied away from challenges. Why should I start now?



                                      My Review:

     I needed to know what happened to Alexander after he was left with nothing. Was there a chance at salvaging his relationship with Lily, his career and his broken heart? 

     Sometimes it takes losing it all to remember who you are and putting that fire back into your soul. Xander needed to follow his motto Power....Strength....Control to get his life back in order. At times I was scared that he was falling back into his old weaken self when it comes to a woman, luckily he had a coach that slapped sense into him this time around.

     In Deeper In You we are introduced to a new character but someone that has always been there in his dreams. Will Xander be able to handle love, a will to get back into Olympic shape and the suspense that surrounds him?

      I found book two to be a page turner filled with some of steamiest sex I have read. It has lingering suspense that left me torn for the character and it has a passionate love that was meant to be. All I have to say is that David S. Scott did a great job with the characters and the storyline. This is a 5 star read.


                                         TEASERS:

                                     


                                    Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA



                                  About The Author:

David S. Scott is a new author of erotica and erotic romance novels. He is currently working on his upcoming release Deep in You and its sequel Deeper in You. He is in his mid-thirties and happily married, and has a bit of a wicked sense of humor. When not writing, David can be found reading a variety of genres or playing “nerd games” like Dungeons and Dragons with his friends. He loves surfing and shark-tooth hunting on the local beaches, and hopes to one day fulfill his dream of writing full-time. David loves interacting with people and meeting new friends, so please be sure to follow him on his author page.


Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Tempting Daddy's Boss by Madison Faye

Title: Tempting Daddy's Boss Series: Innocence Claimed Series Author: Madison Faye Genre: Contemporary Romance Rel...