Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Friday, June 3, 2016

Book Review for Steal My Breath by Nina Levine

Steal My Breath
by Nina Levine
                           
B&N / iBOOKS

STANDALONE CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE 

I let him steal my breath and I want to give him my heart too.
But it’s complicated.
 


Internet dating and Callie St James do not go together.

25.
Desperate for sex.
Earns shit money waitressing while desperately trying to get a publishing deal.
Only does yoga to keep core muscles strong—trust me, guys thank me.
Reads too much because gets no sex.
Did I mention desperate for sex?


She’s about to give up on love when the guy she’s been lusting after for a year breaks her three month sex drought.

Luke Hardy.

Mysterious, moody and all alpha, Luke is hiding a secret—one that Callie never saw coming.

The secret, however, is nothing compared to the discovery she makes about Luke’s family when she starts a new job at the local paper. Callie finds herself caught between her morals and her desires. Whichever path she chooses, someone will lose. Is she ready to give up the man she’s just found or will she go against everything she believes in so she can finally have the love she’s always dreamt of?

This story contains all the panty-melting sexiness and alpha goodness that Nina Levine books are known for.


                             Favorite Quotes:

This kiss will forever live in my mind. Luke doesn't simply kiss- he possesses. He takes me mind, body, and soul.

His tongue sweeps over mine 
as he pushes for more from 
me. But there's no more to 
give because I've given this 
man every piece of me I can.
I'm completely his. The kiss
steals my breath.


                                      Review:

     Nina Levine has already made me of fan of her writing with her Storm MC series. Steal my Breath is different from her usual alpha bad boy bikers that I love. The Alpha male in this series will definitely steal your breath away, I found myself gasping for air a couple of times due to his dominance.

Luke Hardy is beyond many of the male characters I have read, he is a bar owner who has had his eye on one of his bartenders bestfriend for over a year. Luke finally gives in to temptation and now he feels like his life is where he wants it to be. For years Luke has tried to put the past behind him and bury his shredded heart. When the past seems impossible to walk away from will Luke be able to hold onto the woman he has fallen in love with?

     Callie St. James has the heart and morals that sometimes leads her to breaking her own heart. After many failed online dates she breaks her three month drought of no sex with no one other that the man that she has had her eyes on for a year now. He frustrates and turns her on at the same time. Callie never expected to fall hard for Luke, his body, his touch and the words that come out of this man's mouth was everything she ever wanted. Callie makes a discovery at her new job at the local paper that will change Luke's family life. Knowing this information will Callie be willing to give up the man she loves the most or will her morals take over and lead her to do what's right?

     Steal your Breath will leave you with feeling like your body is on fire with all the steamy love making, frustrated, happy, heartbroken and longing for that HEA. Not only are the main characters memorable but the other characters in the story add so much and you will find yourself wanting to know more about them. I really can't and won't say too much more because any more info could spoil the story for you because it is filled with twist and surprises that you will need to read for yourself. This is a must read and ladies prepare yourself because Luke Hardy maybe more than some of us can handle.

                                                  *** For Mature Readers***


                                          TEASERS:




About the Author:
ESCAPE WITH AN ALPHA

Dreamer.
Coffee Lover.
Gypsy at heart.

USA Today Bestselling author who writes about alpha men & the women they love.

When I’m not creating with words you will find me planning my next getaway, visiting somewhere new in the world, having a long conversation over coffee and cake with a friend, creating with paper or curled up with a good book and chocolate.

I love Keith Urban, Maroon 5, Pink, Florida Georgia Line, Bon Jovi, Matchbox 20, Lady Antebellum and pretty much any singer/band that is country or rock.

I’ve been writing since I was twelve. Weaving words together has always been a form of therapy for me especially during my harder times. These days I’m proud that my words help others just as much as they help me.


Sign up for alerts from Nina when new alphas are ready for you - http://eepurl.com/bLydcf 



Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment