Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Release Blitz and My Book Review for Get Lucky by Lila Monroe




Title: Get Lucky
Author: Lila Monroe
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 Release Date: May 26, 2016



Blurb

What happens when you wake up in a hotel suite next to a gorgeous naked man with absolutely no memory of the past twelve hours?

I guess it's true what they say. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Or at least I hope it stays here. The Romantic Style convention was meant to be a weekend of raucous fun with friends, sun, and enough poolside margaritas to forget about my ex. But now, instead of meeting my fans and signing books, I'm stuck with cocky divorce lawyer Nate Wexler. He's arrogant, infuriating, and I can't keep my hands off of him. Judging by the state of our hotel room, last night was wild. I just wish I could remember it.

A pair of matching tattoos. A cheap wedding veil. Half an empty box of glow in the dark condoms.

What the hell just happened?



My Review:

     I did it again, I got into a book and lost myself to the point that I forgot to highlight my favorite quotes. Get Lucky grabbed me from the beginning and I did not want to put it down. It seems to be something I find myself doing when I read a Lila Monroe book.

     Julia is a very successful author and is in Vegas with her very rambunctious agent and her friend/ author for a convention. Julia has panel commitments, books signings and she is also in need of some time to celebrate her divorce. She never intended to run into a arrogant ass who easily infuriates her, waking up in bed with him the next morning with no memory of the night before was not what she expected for her weekend in Vegas.

     Nate Wexlar, divorce lawyer, comes off cocky and arrogant and really doesn't care about how he is perceived. Nate is in Vegas with his friends for a wedding, a night on the town celebrating and running into the woman that ran into him in the lobby turns out to be a very wild night. Will Nate be able to remember that night with Julia and will he be able let her go when the pieces of that night are put together?


     The connection with Nate and Julia are funny, hot, frustrating and heartfelt. It's everything you want in a great read and I found myself wanting to get lost with this couple. I wanted to help put the pieces of that night together with them grabbing for those subtle hints and hoping for that exciting  outcome. Get Lucky is more than a what happens in Vegas story, because I wanted Nate and Julia's story to continue. I loved everything about this read, the characters are memorable and I did not get lost with the flashbacks of the forgotten night and the dual POV was perfectly written and easy to keep track of. I highly recommend it. 

ADD TO GOODREADS






Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK






Author Bio

Amazon bestselling author, queen of the short-reads, and expert at playdough, Lila Monroe loves to read and write tales of sexy Billionaires. Combining her love of writing, sex and well-fitted suits, Lila Monroe wrote her first serial, The Billionaire Bargain. Lila enjoys writing, as it gives her a flexible schedule to spend time with her kids and a wonderful excuse to avoid them. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, who strips out of his well-fitted suits nightly.



Author Links

GOODREADS





Giveaway






                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment