Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Book Review - Phoenix ( Bellator Saga book 4) by Cecilia London


Phoenix (The Bellator Saga #4)

by Cecilia London

One epic love. Two wounded souls. Three impossible words.

Ripped away from each other by circumstances beyond their control. Reunited in a place they never expected. Separated but never quite apart.

“You’re still the only woman I see. The only woman I need. I know you’re in there somewhere, sweet Caroline. We’re going to find you and we’re going to help you, until you come home to me where you belong. Then we’re going to finish what we started. Together.”

Her confidence shattered, Caroline finally starts to deal with what happened at The Fed. Jack is determined to convince her that she’s more than she thinks she is. That she wasn’t destroyed by her experiences. That their relationship is worth the fight. But will he give up before it’s too late?

Phoenix is the fourth installment in The Bellator Saga. It should be read after the first three novels in the series.


Favorite Quotes:

It doesn't matter what they did. I've been damaged. It can't be undone. That's all you need to know."

My Review:

I am so glad that I waited a day to write my review cause last night my emotions were high form reading Phoenix ( The Bellator Saga Book 4). I would not have done this book review justice. I have consumed this series with every raw emotion that is in my body and I have felt the love, loss and torture that has destroyed Coraline.

Phoenix begins at base camp, the emotions of Caroline's  interrogation are still so raw and having her husband Jack not recognizing the woman that stood before him only seemed to add hurt to an already injured soul. Caroline will test you in this story, her character is so lost, stubborn, torn, and broken that she will push away all those that want to help her including her husband, the commander Jack McIntyre. I found myself tiring of her stubbornness to the point that if I could, I would have slapped her and said, " Snap out of it!" her nonchalance attitude of hurting those trying to help really drove me crazy. If it wasn't for London taking the story to past and present life, I would not have understood all of Caroline's emotions. I can't say your still not going to wanna slap the woman. Even though Caroline is in a dark place she still is fighting to control those feelings for Jack and wants to prove that she has fight in her, to be part of  the mission and not just part she wants to be upfront not caring if she puts her life in danger. Will her resistance for help and love be worth it in the end?
Commander Jack McIntyre finds himself willing to do anything it takes to help his wife even if that means looking weaker to those that he commands. His love for Caroline has never faltered until the woman that means everything in the world to him has denied him over and over again and not only denies him, she brutally attacks his heart and his character. Jacks has enough dealing with his own past, insecurities and the blame he still carries, Caroline's attacks destroy him. My heart ached for him and I so wanted that breakthrough moment of intimacy that they so deserved. Cecilia London does leave us with tidbits of teases with some of  those moments between Jack and Caroline.
Phoenix, is not as dark as the first three books but it does help to remind me of the people Jack and Caroline once were and it helped me remember all they  lost. It took me on a emotional journey and left me with a cliffhanger that Cecilia London does so well.

This is not a standalone book all books in the Bellator Saga must be read so that you can understand and appreciate the story that is Jack and Caroline. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Tempting Daddy's Boss by Madison Faye

Title: Tempting Daddy's Boss Series: Innocence Claimed Series Author: Madison Faye Genre: Contemporary Romance Rel...