Monday, March 7, 2016

Book Review :The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy (Dissident, Conscience, and Sojourn) by Cecilia London


The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy (Dissident, Conscience, and Sojourn)

by Cecilia London

Two souls intertwined. One epic love story.



Get swept away in the passionate romance between political opposites Caroline Gerard and Jack 


McIntyre in the first half of The Bellator Saga.



This set contains the first three books in the series, Dissident, Conscience, and Sojourn.



Dissident

Rising Democratic star Caroline Gerard is reluctant to fall in love again after losing her husband. Can Republican playboy Jack McIntyre break through her grief and capture her heart? Told mostly in flashback and set against a chilling fascist backdrop, Dissident is a rollercoaster ride of political intrigue, passionate romance, and undying love.



Conscience

Caroline faces the biggest challenge of her life when confronted with the cruelty and sadism of her captors at The Fed. Hope fades quickly, even as she holds onto her one last bit of sanity and her unshakable belief that her husband will rescue her. But is that faith just a mirage?



Sojourn

Reeling from her experiences at The Fed, Caroline tries to forge ahead and create a new identity. But that’s hard to do with the ghosts of the past constantly whispering in her ear. She is determined to find the rebellion and move on with her life, but what will she find when she arrives there?



Includes bonus material featuring a deleted scene from Sojourn, a sneak peek at Phoenix, and a never before released love scene told in Jack’s first person point of view!

                                        My Review:

     I have to begin with that I wish I would have written my reviews after finishing each book, my emotions were so high after every one that I had to continue and keep reaching for more of the story.

     In Dissident  we are introduced to Caroline Gerard a well respected Democrat, widow and mother of two and Jack McIntyre millionaire republican playboy. Once their lives come together it is a love story of passion and a love that may be worth dying for. Dissident did grab me from the beginning and I was taken on a journey of past and present. It took me a little longer than I wanted to read due to my lack of interest in the political scheme of things but once I got over that, I could not put the book down. I realized that the political intrigue brought the suspense that I needed. Every character plays an essential part in the story, it is the love of her family and friends that she finds strength but is also her biggest heartbreak.

     
     I found Conscience to be a darker read, the torture both physically and mentally that Caroline experiences at the hand of her captors The Fed, it was beyond anything I could have imagined. Cecilia London had my heart breaking with Caroline holding on to every intimate and loving moment that are with her husband Jack, daughters, and closet friends. Those moments tugged deeply into my heart and I like Caroline only wanted someone to save her from the darkness that was causing her to lose all hope and will to live. 

    
      By the time I read Sojourn I was a emotional mess, I could not hold back tears. Caroline will have to depend on others at first, only to find out that they need her more. In order to move on with her life Caroline will need to lose her identity and hopefully try to push away all memories of who she used to be; wife, mother and friend. The journey to find the rebellion is all she can look forward to, to have a chance at life. A life without the man she so desperately loved and her daughters and friends that she hoped to have seen again.
Will the journey to find the rebellion be worth the torment she endured? 

     By the end of  The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy, I had the feelings of a book addict. The need to have the next story in my hands was running through my veins. The story of Caroline and Jack etched in my mind, I was afraid it was going to consume me.  This is my first Cecilia London read and I have to say I am a fan, each story felt as if it was written stronger and with more passion. I could feel the sexual heat and intimacy that was created between Jack and Caroline, it had me blushing or sent tingles down my spine. The darkness and loss that Caroline experienced I felt with every tear that I shed, swear word running through my mind and ache in my heart. I was not kidding when I said I was a emotional mess. This is a must read.
                                                     *** For Mature Readers***


                                          TEASERS:



About The Author:
Cecilia London
 Cecilia London is the pen name of a native Illinoisan currently living in San Antonio, Texas. She's filled several roles over the course of her adult life - licensed attorney, wrangler of small children, and obsessed baseball fan, among others. An extroverted introvert with a serious social media addiction, she is the author of The Bellator Saga, an epic, genre-crossing romance series. You can catch all of her quirky updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or at her website.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Tempting Daddy's Boss by Madison Faye

Title: Tempting Daddy's Boss Series: Innocence Claimed Series Author: Madison Faye Genre: Contemporary Romance Rel...