Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Book Review- Some Sort Of Love by Melanie Harlow

Some Sort of Love (Happy Crazy Love #3) 
by Melanie Harlow

Blurb:

On the surface, I have it all—a career I adore, a loving family, the Nixon metabolism but not the Nixon ears, and a salary that supports my lavish taste in designer shoes, fine wine, and lacy lingerie…but I have no one to share it with.

Until the day I run into him—my one night stand from college with the cocky smile, let’s-get-out-of-here eyes, and dirty, dirty mouth.

Levi Brooks is six feet four inches of hot bearded fantasy. A sexy single dad with broad shoulders, strong hands, and a fantastically big…heart. (I mean, it’s massive. And generous. And it pumps so hard… um. Sorry. Lost my place.)

But he lives for his son, and he's keeping me at a distance because he thinks I deserve someone better—a man who can give me more time, more attention, more of himself. He doesn’t believe he could ever be enough.

But he's wrong.

He’s everything.

                              Favorite Quotes:

"Love isn't a infinite thing in the universe. It's not like it gets used up by people who got there first."

" What are you doing?" " I'm thinking about kissing you." " Stop thinking."

" Yes, I want to naked cuddle with you. I want
to naked everything with you. All the time."

" I wasn't looking for this," he said quietly,
candlelight flickering in his eyes." For what?" To Fall in Love

I'm just scared I'm walking away from the love of my life.'
     " Sometimes we have to."

" We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly,"


                                        My Review:

     I am such a fan of the Happy Crazy Love series, each book has each Nixon sister falling in love. The Nixon sisters are those woman that you want to read more about, they are strong, independent and each have a nice sexual appetite of their own. The men they fall for have challenges that they can support as long as the men are willing to make their love for each other a priority in their life.

     In Some Sort Of Love, Melanie Harlow gives us the story of Jillian the eldest sister who has to put her love life second to her job as a pediatrician. As Jillian watches her youngest sister Skylar walk down the isle, she questions her love life and where it's headed with no prospects in site, it looks pretty gloom. That's until she bumps into Levi, someone from her past a one night romp in a closet during her college years (I will never look at pine sol the same). Jillian and Levi spend the evening flirting and talking about their lives. The connection between the two was felt right from the start.

     What can I say about Levi, he had me from the beginning. A single father to Scotty, a eight year old who faces challenges with autism. Levi, believing that structure and familiarity in Scotty's life is what makes his life work. Living with guilt of his own, Levi believes his love life and happiness should be second when it comes to his son. My heart and chest almost did not make it through the torment Levi would feel when he is happy and stealing moments with Jillian. How could he make his life work separating Love and Fatherhood? His Love for his son caused so many lumps in my throat, would his son understand, " Daddy needs someone to love too?"

     Jillian and Levi have this intense attraction, with time between having actually touched someone they actually cared about, it left for some hot steamy sexual moments. Not only was Levi a dirty talker, Jillian's moments of talking dirty put a smirk on my face so big, it was freaking awesome. I loved how in control Jillian is with her body, her work and her life. The only thing she had no control over is her feelings for Levi, not knowing if he would ever let her be a part of his and Scotty's life made her question their relationship. If Levi could stop living with guilt and let others help him instead of feeling as if his parenting skills are questioned, maybe he could have a chance at a loving family.  The only downside to Some Sort Of Love is that Jillian is the last sister, what am I going to do to get my Nixon sisters fix? 

                                                ** * For Mature Audiences***

        I wasn't a poet, I had no singing voice, no magic words- I was just an imperfect                               guy hoping the perfect girl would love him.

                                                               TEASERS:






                                   
Also Available:
 AMAZON US / UK

       
                   AMAZON US / UK
                                                                         
                                        
                               About the Author:
Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. When she's not writing or reading, she gets her kicks from TV series like VEEP, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, and Homeland. She occasionally runs three miles, but only so she can have more gin and steak.

Melanie is the author of the HAPPY CRAZY LOVE series, the FRENCHED series, and the sexy historical SPEAK EASY duet, set in the 1920s. She lifts her glass to romance readers and writers from her home near Detroit, MI, where she lives with her husband, two daughters, and pet rabbit.

Author Links:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Like a Boss by Liz Matis

Title: Like a Boss Series: Double Trouble Duet #1 Author s: Li z Mati s Genre: Contemporary Romance   Release Date:...