Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Book Review- Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins

Slip of the Tongue

by Jessica Hawkins

Sadie Hunt isn’t perfect—but her husband is. Nathan Hunt has her coffee waiting every morning. He holds her hand until the last second. He worships the Manhattan sidewalk she walks on. Until one day, he just…stops. And Sadie finds herself in the last place she ever expected to be. Lonely in her marriage.

When rugged and sexy Finn Cohen moves into the apartment across the hall, he and Sadie share an immediate spark. Finn reveals dreams for a different life. Sadie wants to save her marriage. Their secrets should keep them apart, not ignite a blistering affair. But while Sadie’s marriage runs colder by the day, she and Finn burn hotter.

Her husband doesn’t want her anymore.
The man next door would give up everything to have her.


Stay updated: sign up for the Jessica Hawkins Mailing List.
Bloggers can help out by spreading the word!
 

                         Favorite Quotes:

" We have our own lives." And those separate lives are bleeding into a places they shouldn't.

How do I tell the person I love the most in the world that he's failing me? and that another man is making it better?

" Space is something I'll never give you too much of. Promise me the same?"

Once could be argued a crime of passion. But twice? " Two Times..."

" The man puts you on a fucking pedestal.
And you do the same to him. It's about time
you knocked each other off, because now 
you're on the ground where you should be.
And that's the foundation you need to build
on,"

" I know it'd be easy to walk away," he says. " It 
takes more guts to stay. You can fight against him
while you fight for him. The marriage will 
come out stronger."

                               My Review:

     ***  Is a scar bad if everything that led to it was good?***

     I am having a little trouble writing my review for Slip of The Tongue by Jessica Hawkins, I have deleted my first line more than a couple times. As most of you  can tell if you have read some of my reviews, I am a very emotional reader. I get myself lost in a story and sometimes it's hard to let go of the characters. This story did that to me....

    Sadie Hunt, a beautiful woman and wife who somehow lost her husbands attention and can't understand when, why and how this happened. Her husband worshiped the ground she walked on and made her feel more than loved and all of a sudden that is gone, he distances himself  and needs space and Sadie has no idea why, all she feels is alone. I have to admit she does try and gives her husband chances to explain, she loves him more than anything but she is feeling abandoned and treated like he no longer wants in the marriage.  Everyday is harder and lonely for her to handle until she is noticed by her new neighbor.

     Finn Cohen, he exudes sexiness from his smile to the words that come out of his mouth. Finn is everything Sadie is needing at the moment and has secrets that could draw them together forever or could separate this attraction that is pulling them together like a magnet. Sadie and Finn's relationship starts off a friendship but soon becomes something both are desiring, Finn's emotions becoming stronger and he starts believing  Sadie is his future.The chemistry these two have is so hot and emotional. I found myself lost and torn between this relationship.

     Nathan Hunt, loving husband he is everything Sadie wants and needs in her life, so why is he pushing her away? As much as I tried, I wanted to find fault with him. I wanted to blame him for the mistakes in the marriage and I felt deceived by him. What are the secrets Nathan is withholding from Sadie? Why can't he communicate with his wife? Will it be to late to save his marriage? OMG!!! Just writing this section, I am literally fighting back tears. 

     Slip of the Tongue had me from the beginning and never let me go, it is one of those stories that once you pick it up, it will be hard to put down. This story will make you feel giddy, angry, heartbroken, and  sexually frustrated due to the infidelity. I say that because even though the the sex between Sadie and Finn is scorching hot and with emotion behind it, my mind kept saying, " This is so wrong".  The sex between Sadie and her husband felt so passionate, wanted, needed but forced. Even though Jessica Hawkins left me a emotional mess, I loved this story and I am now a fan of her writing.

                                                    *** For Mature Readers***

                                                                 TEASERS:




    
                                    About The Author:

Jessica HawkinsJessica Hawkins grew up between the purple mountains and under the endless sun of Palm Springs, California. She studied international business at Arizona State University and has also lived in Costa Rica and New York City. To her, the most intriguing fiction is forbidden, and that's what you'll find in her stories. Currently, she resides wherever her head lands, which is often the unexpected (but warm) keyboard of her trusty MacBook.

Visit her website: www.jessicahawkins.net

    


No comments:

Post a Comment