Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Book Review: Distraction ( Underground Kings #3)

Distraction ( Underground Kings #3)

by Aurora Rose Reynolds

Distraction: The great intensity, novelty, or attractiveness of something other than the object of attention.

Sven is a man who takes pride in his ability to separate himself from his emotions. He's a man who knows who he is and where he’s going in life, a man who needs no one, because needing someone, anyone, is a weakness. 

His past taught him love isn’t enough.  

Maggie wants the happily ever after, but has never picked the right men, or stuck around long enough, to build a forever. It’s always been easier to get out early, before emotions make things messy. 
  
When Maggie wakes up naked in Sven’s bed, with no memory of the night before, these two must be honest about their feelings and face their fears, so they can build a future together.

Will love be enough for them to get their happy ending together, or will a threat from outside strike them down before they ever have a chance?

                                   Favorite Quotes:

" Perfect is unattainable and a unrealistic expectation."

she's perfect for me. I just hope I can be the same for her.

" You weren't in my bed, but there wasn't a time I didn't think of you as mine. I was just waiting for you to catch up."

I will never be worthy of the love I see in her eyes, but every fucking day I will try and earn it.

                                          My Review:

     Distraction (Underground Kings #3)  is my first read by Aurora Rose Reynolds and I have to say that she more than grabbed me from the start of the book and kept a hold of me til the end. This is a series but can easily be read as a standalone, I am wishing I would have read the first two. The characters are strong and interesting, I want to get to know more about them. 

     The story starts off with Sven, he is a Las Vegas night club owner and a big man whore. He has his choice of  ladies every night from the view of his office.  No time or need for a relationship  in his life. Sven is extremely bossy, dominate and at times can be a complete ass. Aside from all of that...I was captured by his possessiveness, his strength and his sexy good looks. All it takes is one woman to change Sven's life and he didn't even see it coming.

     Maggie, beautiful, strong, independent and wise with the comebacks, she knows how to take care of herself. Maggie is not your average woman, she has curves in all the right places and not at all someone the owner would have spotted in his night club. 
     One night in the club looking for the man that hurt her sister, Maggie causes a scene and makes an impression on Sven ( not a good one to start off with). Her determination to come back to the club every night to protect others, leaves Sven no other option but to require her assistance in his office. It's better to keep her close to him than her making a scene night after night.
     
     I love Maggie, she tries so hard to not let Sven's charm and good looks get to her by keeping a tough attitude and resisting his flirty ways. Sven makes that hard with everything he does and says...that man can have your heart racing with looks and words alone. The coming together of Sven and Maggie seemed like it was forever but when they did, it was a overwhelming load of sexual hotness!!!
     
     It wasn't just the romance, Distraction had suspense, drama and love...the love of one sister fighting to protect her drug addictive younger sister and the love of one man trying to protect the woman he loves. The danger that surrounds Sven,Maggie, the club and his friends adds just the right amount of suspense that I like in a story. There are some moments that leave you wanting to know more, but the story line keeps moving and I found that I didn't really miss it during my read. All I know is that Aurora Rose Reynolds gained a new fan.
                                                    ***For Mature Readers***

                                           TEASERS:






                                  About the Author: 

7215619           NEW YORK TIMES WALL STREET JOURNAL AND USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR Aurora Rose Reynolds started writing so that the over the top alpha men that lived in her head would leave her alone. When she's not writing or reading she spends her days with her very own real life alpha who loves her as much as the men in her books love their women and their Great Dane Blue that always keeps her on her toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment