Thursday, February 18, 2016

Book Review- Chasing Spring

Chasing Spring

by R.S. Grey


I thought I’d left Blackwater, Texas behind for good. I didn’t belong in the small town, but my dad wouldn’t listen. He dragged me back home in his beat-up truck and dropped a bomb along the way: Chase Matthews was moving in with us. He was the golden boy of my high school, my former best friend, and the last person I wanted sleeping across the hall. His presence was too great a reminder of the ghosts I was trying to forget. I didn’t ask for a hero. I don’t want to be saved. To me, Lilah Calloway meant late nights sneakin’ out, moonlit hair, and sparklers in July. She was my best friend until the day she left and I’d assumed Blackwater had seen the last of her. Then, like a tempest, she rolled back into town for the final half of senior year. The chopped hair and dark devil-may-care attitude warned most people away, but I knew if I fought hard enough, I could find the lost girl. I didn’t want to be her hero. Some girls don’t need to be saved.

                             Favorite Quotes:

They taught me that there was value in trying to fix something even when everyone else has given up

There's power in shining light on other people's secrets; it makes it that much easier to hide yours in the shadows.

I realized that whatever love my mom had for Elaine was the same love that tied me to Lilah.

The relationship I have with Lilah is gone. She isn't my childhood friend anymore, and if I lose her this time, it will be forever.

I garden because I was obsessed with the 
notion of finding beauty in the dirt. Dirt is
choas, gritty, full of bugs and decay, but from
that dirt comes such immense beauty. Roses,
tulips, tomatoes,peonies, raspberries,
oranges, magnolias...and even me. I wanted 
to be made new. I wanted a fresh start. I 
wanted to take my past, with its sadness and 
torn edges, and turn it into something 
beautiful and worthwhile.

We had grand visions of our lives because we assume we art the center of the universe
while in reality, the universe doesn't even realize we're there.

                                 My Review:

    I'd been chasing spring ever since my mom had left me when I was seven.

     I am going to try and write my review without getting too emotional, as you can see from my favorite quotes I wanted to highlight every word written but I had to use my head and not post them all.

     I am not one for young love romances, but I am so so happy that I read Chasing Spring,
it was more than a love story between two best friends Chase and Lilah that were raised practically together. It is a story of two girls that turn into women and mothers and their lives transpires and leaves a shadow on the lives of their children.

     Lilah Calloway leaves Blackwater, Texas to get away from a past, a past she was to young to have a part in but a past that haunts her and left a scar on those she loved and cared about the most. With having to return home by the demands of her father, she is not the same girl that left and carries a burden to heavy to hold onto. Returning home Lilah is told that Chase her ex best friend is staying with them and she is not happy about it, because he is the biggest reminder of her past.

     Chase Matthews, the towns golden boy has everything going for his future, except a father who has lost his senses of the real world at the bottom of a bottle. Chase's past has changed the world that he knew but somehow was able to get through it mentally and now is living with his coach and his former best friend Lilah. Lilah is not who he remembers but still is everything he loved. Chase has this need to want to be Lilah's hero but thats not what she s looking for. Chase is strong enough to take what life throws at him, but is he strong enough to be there for the girl that holds onto a mother with a past that destroyed their lives and seems to want to destroy her own life. 

     J.S. Grey left a mark on my heart with Chasing Spring and here you find me finishing up my review with tears in my eyes just thinking about this story.  It is emotional and heartfelt and a story of letting go of a past that you had nothing to do with, letting go of guilt and allowing yourself to deserve a love that you were destined to have all along. This book is a must read and I recommend this to young adults without hesitation. 


                                       TEASERS:





                                 About the Author:

7324934I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, metaphors and similes, black labs, and cold weather.

Contact me: AuthorRSGrey@gmail.com

Find me on Instagram: AuthorRSGrey

Find me on Pinterest:http://www.pinterest.com/RSGrey/

Find me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz and Book Review for Shades of Her by Ozlo and Priya Grey

Title: Shades of Her Author: Ozlo & Priya Grey Genre: Contemporary/Erotic Romance Release Date: October 18, 2017 Cover Des...