Thursday, February 18, 2016

Book Review- Big Rock by Lauren Blakely

Big Rock
by Lauren Blakely

It's not just the motion of the ocean, ladies. It's definitely the SIZE of the boat too. 

And I've got both firing on all cylinders. In fact, I have ALL the right assets. Looks, brains, my own money, and a big c*&k.

You might think I'm an a*&hole. I sound like one, don’t I? I'm hot as sin, rich as heaven, smart as hell and hung like a horse.

Guess what? You haven't heard my story before. Sure, I might be a playboy, like the NY gossip rags call me. But I’m the playboy who’s actually a great guy. Which makes me one of a kind.

The only trouble is, my dad needs me to cool it for a bit. With conservative investors in town wanting to buy his flagship Fifth Avenue jewelry store, he needs me not only to zip it up, but to look the part of the committed guy. Fine. I can do this for Dad. After all, I’ve got him to thank for the family jewels. So I ask my best friend and business partner to be my fiancée for the next week. Charlotte’s up for it. She has her own reasons for saying yes to wearing this big rock.

And pretty soon all this playing pretend in public leads to no pretending whatsoever in the bedroom, because she just can’t fake the kind of toe-curling, window-shattering orgasmic cries she makes as I take her to new heights between the sheets.

But I can’t seem to fake that I might be feeling something real for her.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into with this…big rock?

BIG ROCK is a standalone, dirty romance novel written from the guy’s POV by NYT Bestselling author Lauren Blakely…
 

                                Favorite Quotes:

I'll open your door before I open your legs. I'll hold your coat for you, I'll pay for dinner, and I'll treat you like a queen in and out of bed.

Her lips are on mine. She taste fantastic. Like cream and sugar and coffee and sweetness. Like all the good things in the world.

New York apartments are thimble size. Let me spell this out- There is a wet, naked, hot women in a ten-foot radius.

You've been in front of me all along, and in 
some ways I feel in love with you 
quickly, in only one week. But in other ways, I 
know I've been falling in love with you over 
time, over the years.

                                     My Review:

     I am probably going to make this short and sweet, which in no way is referencing Spencer's very manly body part. BIG ROCK is  hilarious , down right sexy  and heart melting, I could not put it down.

     Spencer is a known man-whore who made millions off of a app he created and his dad owns one of the biggest jewelry stores around and is deciding to sell the family business to a righteous pompous ass who has a very old fashion belief in where women and men position themselves in life. This is a very big deal and the Holiday family has to put there best foot forward to impress the buyer and his family. This is were Spencer and his over to impress ego puts his foot in his mouth and reveals that he is engaged to his best friend Charlotte. Hopefully, she will agree to this charade and play the part for a week, until the deal is closed.

    Charlotte is Spencer's beautiful best friend and business partner and has her own reason to agree and go along with Spencer's plan. OMG!!! This woman drove me crazy with her sexiness, I love her humor, her quick comebacks and her big heart. Her honesty killed me, Charlotte can not tell a lie and in her own very cute way finds a way to work around them. 

     Once Charlotte and Spencer start playing the part of the engaged couple, feelings start to appear, the sexual tension is turned up to toe curly and their friendship is tested. Will they be able to control themselves long enough for the sale to go through? Will their feelings get in the way of their friendship and business?  I feel in love with this couple, their bantering back and forth had a big smile on my face, the sexual heat had me blushing and the love that is taking shape had me on the edge of exploding with happiness.  

I freaking LOVE this story and Lauren Blakely I am totally in love with your writing and sense of humor.
                                                   ***For Mature Readers***
                                                               
                                        TEASERS:



About the Author:


6860216   Since self-publishing her debut romance novel CAUGHT UP IN US three years ago, Lauren Blakely has sold more than 1 million books. She is known for her sexy contemporary romance style that's full of heat, heart and humor. A devout fan of cake, comedy and canines, Lauren has plotted entire novels while walking her four-legged friends. She lives in California with her husband, children, and dogs. With nine New York Times bestsellers, her titles have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller List more than three dozen times. Her bestselling series include Sinful Nights, Seductive Nights, No Regrets, Caught Up in Love, and Fighting Fire. She recently released BIG ROCK, a sexy standalone romantic comedy that became an instant New York Times Bestseller. In the late spring, she'll release MISTER ORG@SM, another standalone romantic comedy. To receive an email when Lauren releases a new book, text BLAKELY + your email address to 678-249-3375 (please use the actual + sign) (less)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Spotlight and Review for Everest by S.L. Scott

Title: Everest Author: S.L. Scott Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense SYNOPSIS From New York Times Bestselling Auth...