Monday, January 18, 2016

Book Review- First Touch

First Touch ( First and Last #1)

by Laurelin Paige

When Emily Wayborn goes home to visit her mom while on hiatus from her hit TV show, she receives a voicemail from her former best friend, Amber. Though the two were once notorious party girls, they haven't spoken in years. Although the message might sound benign to anyone else, Amber uses a safe word that Emily recognizes, a word they always used to get out of sticky situations during their wild days. And what's more chilling than the voicemail: it turns out that Amber has gone missing.

Determined to track down her friend, Emily follows a chain of clues that lead her to the enigmatic billionaire Reeve Sallis, a hotelier known for his shady dealings and play boy reputation. Now, in order to find Amber, Emily must seduce Reeve to learn his secrets and discover the whereabouts of her friend. But as she finds herself more entangled with him, she finds she's drawn to Reeve for more than just his connection to Amber, despite her growing fear that he may be the enemy. When she's forced to choose where her loyalty lies, how will she decide between saving Amber and saving her heart?


                             
                                   Favorite Quotes:

" The problem with men who are actually a threat is that you don't ever find out how unsafe they are until it's too late."

" I have some nice secluded 
resorts I think you'd like. My 
island properties are so beautiful
you'll forget you're in a prison."

He would bring me into this world. 
     And in return I'd Let him break me.

He studied me,his eyes taking in my features with such intensity,
as if despite all the time he spent looking at me he'd never
truly seen me.

Give me what I ask for. They
were trigger words for me. Words 
that turned me from a strong, 
competent woman to an addict
begging for her drug.


                                       My Review:

     Laurelin Paige had me all over the place with First Touch. Hate, mad, upset, sorry, frustrated, shame and heartbreak those are not even half of the words that this story put my emotions through. I had a few laughs due to some snarky comments but otherwise I felt as if I needed a tall glass of wine or a pill to make me relax.

     It is so hard for me to understand Emily Wayborn, an actress looking to turn her life around, she seemed to be on the right path. It was a voicemail from her best friend who has gone missing that changes everything and leads Emily back into her old ways of a sexual submissive, feeling as if she deserves punishment. 

     Emily is determined to find Amber and all clues leads to Reeve Sallis, Amber's last lover and billionaire who owns many resorts and has a reputation as a bad boy. Emily plans to seduce Reeve to find out all the information she needs on Amber's last whereabouts. My feelings for Reeve are undetermined, I hate him with such a passion one minute and then the next minute I find myself wanting to wrap myself around him. He is so mysterious and you can't help but feel that everything he says might be a lie. I want so bad to believe that his feelings for Emily are true, with secrets and lies between them there seems to be no future.

First Touch is a story that will have you wanting to yell, scream, kick someone and pull your hair out by the end of the book. It was so difficult to want to put down and walk away from. I found myself looking at my tablet, touching the screen and flipping it upside down hoping the story magically continued. It seemed so devious of Laurelin Paige to leave the reader in such an emotional mess. I am such a fan of her writing and look forward to the continuation of Emily and Reeve's story.

                                                                TEASERS:








                                     About The Author:

      
7056140 NY Times & USA Today Bestselling author Laurelin Paige is a sucker for a good romance and gets giddy anytime there’s kissing, much to the embarrassment of her three daughters. Her husband doesn’t seem to complain, however. When she isn’t reading or writing sexy stories, she’s probably singing, watching Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead, or dreaming of Michael Fassbender. She is represented by Rebecca Friedman and Friedman Literary. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Pretty Dirty by Madison Faye

Title: Pretty Dirty Series: Dirty Bad Things #2 Author: Madison Faye Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 11...