Thursday, December 3, 2015

Book Review- Step by Step ( Round 1) & Hour by Hour ( Round 2)

Step by Step ( Games and Diversions, Round 1)

by Natalie E. Wrye

I’ve simplified my life into a three-part process:

I binge—I fuck—I come…until I come to my senses.

That’s what my world has been ever since she came into my life.
And I was perfectly content with it staying that way…
Until I actually met her.

Mouthy dancer.
Blonde bombshell.
Elena.

My best friend’s soon to be sister-in-law.

Enemies before we’d ever laid eyes on each other, we were a match made in Hell—a cautionary tale of how not to get along.

But when the spark between us sets our passions ablaze, how do we prevent the unexpected matches from turning our flame into aninferno?


***This novella is Round 1 of a Three-Round series***
Round 2 begins December 1st, 2015.
The FINAL round starts December 29th, 2015.
 

                                    Favorite Quotes:

her blues eyes are a liquid flame,
and the heat behind them is 
indescribable. They glow with some
sort of subtle passion-a form of
anger or desire...maybe both...

My hand shoots out,grabbing her securely by the wrist. Touching 
her skin gives me a jolt, electrifying me down to my toes.

But it is useless.Like the magnet that I've suddenly become,
I still feel his field-still feel the effects of the invisible energy that emanates off his beautiful body in palpable waves.

we are performing a tango with our 
mouths- dancing the two together
only to break away briefly and
come back even stronger.

                                                   
                                        My Review:

Step by Step is a short read but worth every minute that it took me to finish this story. 
Natalie E. Wrye introduces us to Lukas Griffin and Elena Lexington, two very gorgeous characters which seem to have a hate relationship without having even met face to face.
     Lukas and Elena have been corresponding on the phone while planning the engagement party of her sister Kat and his best friend Foxx. Planning this party seems harder than they expected since Lucas and Elena can't agree on one thing, I found their bantering amusing.
     It takes one night of a texting conversation that changes the relationship they have.  The tension builds knowing that Lucas and Elena will finally come face to face at the party, it is such a cat and mouse game that the two play with each other during the party, but damn does Lucas take control of the evening in one of the hottest elevator/hallway scenes I have ever read. The night is steamy and passionate and one they will never forget. This story ends with round 1, Lucas finds himself playing a game he never knew was started.



Hour by Hour (Games & Diversions, Round 2)

My head says, “Fuck Lukas Griffin.”
My clitoris says, “Go ahead!”  

I gave in to him, submitted myself to our fiery passion… and it blew up in my face.

I can’t afford to do this again—not when he holds all the cards. Not when he makes all the rules.  

He’s lured me into a game—a game I’ve never played.
A dangerous one. 

And if I raise the stakes and place another bet on him, will he burn me again?
 

                            Favorite Quotes:
From the second, I put my mouth on her freckles and played
"Connect the Dots" on her skin...
The smell of vanilla has tormented me.

To a couple of raging hard- heads like us, this argument is nothing but foreplay. And the more we go at it , the hornier I get.

" Because, Elena...if there was anything pure about you...if there's even a shred of good that you want to keep, then you should go."

But in this suspended universe, this transient world that I've been living in ever since I crawled into this beautiful bastard's bed, the guidelines are different.
     The Rules are suspended.
     The punishments are what I make them.

                My Review:
     Hour by Hour begins with Lucas trying to figure out who started playing a game with him that he is more than willing to finish. Time lapses since the night of unforgettable sex with Elena and the night the game begun and he more than willingly pushed   Elena away in the heat of his emotions. 
     The love/hate relationship continues between Lucas and Elena and the sexual tension only triples until they find themselves alone to explore their need for each others touch which only keeps intensifying while they are apart, they are like a drug that each other cannot get enough of.
     While all this sexual tension is going on between them, there is still a game being played that only Lucas and his two friends Chris and Foxx know somewhat about, Lucas is holding back details that could put the lives of people close to him in danger.
I find myself wanting to hate Lucas at times but it doesn't help that he is hot and Natalie E. Wrye writes a scene where Lucas is needed to work on a computer and that moment with everyone around him including Elena watches him work his magic on the keyboard is so mind- blowing  freaking hot that I got shivers down my neck. That's never happened to me before especially if the characters clothes are still on.
     This story ends with a cliffhanger that will have you pulling your hair out wanting to know what is going to happen. When will Lukas make his move and who is behind these games?
I am so thankful for getting a chance to read these two stories and I can't wait for round 3.

                             TEASERS:


 About the Author:

9873960Natalie Wrye is a math geek by day, writer by night. She is a quirky, former Yankee living in Northwest Georgia with nothing but her Friends 
and Gilmore Girls reruns to keep her company. Natalie started writing nonsensical stories at the ripe age of 6; she hopes things have changed since then. She loves chocolate, cuddly things, and large libraries. Oh...and she thinks it's pretty cool to talk in 3rd person.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Boost for The Evolution of Us by D. Kelly

Title: The Evolution of Us Author: D. Kelly Genre: New Adult Release Date: October 11, 2017 Blurb They say m...