Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Book Review- Snowed In


Snowed In (Christmas With A Billionaire Novella)

by Lila Monroe

Throwing a blow-out bash for hot rockstar-turned-music exec Ace Carmichael should be as easy as pecan pie. It’s my chance to prove my party-planning skills, but this bad boy client isn’t making life simple with his broody looks and aversion to shirts. If only he'd stop tempting me to jingle all the way ... to his hot tub ... this could be my big break.

But thanks to four feet of snow, the event of the year is suddenly a party for two. So deck the halls with a dangerously sexy tattooed rocker, a dozen cases of champagne and … me.

When the snow melts, Santa might not be the only one who’s coming. So what’s it going to be this year: naughty or nice?
 

                                   Favorite Quotes:

He looks like an ad for men's cologne, and I want a whiff.

" What?" he says, quirking an 
eyebrow. "Say whatever's on your mind."
     If I had a dollar for every time
a man told me that, I would have
one dollar.

I'm trapped in a paradise with a mountain of gourmet food, a hot tub, and the hottest guy I've ever seen in the flesh.

I don't do this, ever. I have a 
four-date minimum before sleeping
with a guy, five if he doesn't 
have a good relationship with his 
parents.


                       My Review:

     I was a little nervous about reading a holiday story. I love them on the Hallmark and Lifetime channels but would reading a holiday story keep me interested. Lila Monroe more than keep me interested, she had me falling for one character, then changing my mind about the other and had me picturing this beautiful lodge and it's surroundings as a main character. I was captivated by music exec Ace Carmicheal's winter residence,  I could feel the warmth from the inside and the cold from the outside resonating off the pages. I could picture the snow and the green from the trees, it is perfectly written that the scene is pictured in your mind.
     Snowed In is a story about Paige Barlett, party planner extraordinaire, she is a perfectionist at what she does. Paige is strong, determined, beautiful and when she lets her guard down sexy and witty.  Paige is offered a party of a lifetime which could build her clientele, she wants everything to be perfect, but she didn't count on the weather or the hot host to be a distraction.
     Ace Carmicheal a smug douchebro that Paige literally falls on her ass for. Ace comes off  strong, dismissive and so freaking HOT!!! He is planning a party for his record label at his winter home which he takes no interest in the planning of the party and leaves it all in the hands of Paige. The decorations and the appetizers are perfect for a house full of high profile guest, the only thing that could ruin this party is a... snow storm.  
     It seems that Ace and Paige will be having their own party for two, since they are snowed in they try and make the best of it. Which leads to a couple days of humorous banter, a cloudy sense of judgement and steamy sex. 

I am so loving Lila Monroe's writing... I have freaking done it again, I realized that I am already  a big fan of Monroe since I read The Billionaire Bargain and The Billionaire Game and I loved them.

                                                                    TEASERS:



About The Author:
Lila MonroeCombining her love of writing, sex and well-fitted suits, Lila Monroe wrote The Billionaire Bargain. Lila enjoys writing, as it gives her a flexible schedule to spend time with her kids and a wonderful excuse to avoid them. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, who strips out of his well-fitted suits nightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment