Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Book Review-The Matriarch: An Erotic Superhero Romance

The Matriarch: An Erotic Superhero Romance (The Matriarch Trilogy Book 1)


Betrayal is easy, sex is a weapon, and information is power. Maggie Madison sits in the lofty towers of her city during the day, but at night she lurks the seedy underbelly, looking to snare the man who stole her innocence. Her simple quest becomes complicated when she meets a man who is as light as she is dark, as straightforward as she is deceptive. When a villain rises and sets her world alight, she must weigh her need for revenge against the good of the city she vowed to protect. 

For mature readers, this book contains gratuitous sex and violence... 

Fans of the dark feel of Jessica Jones and the gritty elements of Gotham will enjoy the story of a new superhero with a dark past, The Matriarch. 

The debut novel from Sloane Howell is book one of The Matriarch Trilogy. The next two books are set to release in 2016. There are some plot arcs left unresolved to set up book two so this book does end in a cliffhanger but not without some resolution. For those with triggers, there are dark scenes where certain situations are implied but not described in detail. Thank you for reading.

                            Favorite Quotes:

My eyes started to burn as I remembered the things that had happened to me, the things I'd done to survive. Everything I'd suppressed and ignored, just to make it from day-to-day. It was like waking up from a nightmare I didn't realize I was living.

" You need to become a symbol 
for the people. Something the 
criminals recognize. You have to 
make evil fear you. You can't do 
this halfway. Do it halfway and 
you're dead.

" You must be a symbol for the
people. You must protect them. In 
nature. there is no greater protector
than a mother."

" One more thing... Keep it in your pants, Mags. It's not a mission. Real men need to earn it."

" And when you hold me...it's the safest place in the world."


                                      My Review:

    The Matriarch: An Erotic Superhero Romance is more than I expected, I felt like a total idiot at the end I realized my fingers stayed on my tablet as if more of the story would magically appear. I did not want it to end, it is my first superhero story and to have a heroine as the main character, totally hit it out of the park for me.
     Maggie's life is turned upside down, she is alone and beaten and lead into a life of sex at a young age. Maggie escapes and is taken in by a man who protects her and teaches her to be strong and to protect others from this evil man who has destroyed her life and the world around them. The Matriarch is a dark erotic read filled with violence, a heroine using her beauty and body to control men and kill them if needed and a romance in the making.  Cody, total opposite of what Maggie stands for but seems to be everything her life and body needs.
     This story is filled with one surprise  after the other, the action is perfect and intense it kept me on the edge of my seat at times. I found myself tearing up, my heart breaking and aching for Maggie. The end literally sent me over the edge, Sloane Howell you left me gasping for breath.





                                 About the Author:

Sloane Howell lives in the Midwest United States and writes dirty stories. When not reading or writing he enjoys hanging out with his family, watching sports, playing with the dogs, traveling, and engaging his readers on social media. You can almost always catch him on Twitter posting something goofy.
Sloane's Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review for Sexy MotherPucker by Lili Valente

B lurb When the family dog trots in with my diaphragm in its mouth—in front of my date, his parents, and his adorable litt...