Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Book Review- Eighteen (18)



Eighteen (18)

by J.A.Huss

Eighteen is hard.
And so is Mateo Alesci.
He’s hard to read, hard to predict, hard in every way that counts. He wants things from me.
Dirty things, nasty things, forbidden things.
And I have to give in.
His attention is completely inappropriate, but I can’t say no. The way he looks at me… the way he watches me through my bedroom window… the way he drags me deeper and deeper into his completely forbidden fantasy world just… turns me on. 
He knows it turns me on.
He holds all the power. He holds all the cards.
He holds my entire future in his hands.
And I have to give in.
Because Mr. Alesci is my teacher.
And I need everything he’s offering.


                                  Favorite Quotes:

All I really want is a connection. Just something to make me feel wanted today.

He's making them related. 
He's tying my need to finish 
this class in with his desire 
to control me.

Welcome to eighteen, Shannon.
The age when life gets to kick 
your ass and over and over and
all you get to do is stand there and 
take it.

                                       My Review:

     I knew reading Eighteen (18) was going to be a little difficult for me, because I get the feeling of perversion/ guilt knowing that it's a student/ teacher forbidden relationship. In the back of my mind I start trying to rationalize my emotions, it's really hard to enjoy a story when I start doing that.
     J.A. Huss did such a good job with the characters that it took away from the complete perversion... it was still pervy but the storyline made up for that.
On Shannon's 18th birthday, she is told that she will need to retake a few of her classes to graduate. She is beyond pissed, knowing that she had more than enough credits in her previous school.  Shannon is tough with having to take care of herself, losing family and having to live with a jerk and her niece. Life couldn't seem worse for Shannon...or could it?
     Mateo Alesci, he is sexy, secretive, mysterious and completely inappropriate. I was so confused on my feelings for him, his techniques in teaching Shannon were so dirty and mind - blowingly sinful and over the top steamy. It was his need to take care of her that drew me in and wanted this relationship to work.
     This story not only has extreme sexual references it has a strong story of a young girl trying to survive the obstacles life has thrown at her. For Shannon, everything and everyone around her seems to be lies. What I loved about this story is that when everything seems to be falling down around her, that is when she finds who she really is and what she wants and is determined to makes things better for herself. 

J.A. Huss has gained another fan with her writing style and I will be looking out for her books.



TEASERS:








                                                          About the  Author:

                                                            
6446815Find me here:http://www.newadultaddiction.com/

If you like my books and want to help support my new releases, please sign up to share a post on Facebook or Twitter here .

JA Huss is the author of the Amazon bestselling Rook and Ronin series, the epic science fiction I Am Just Junco series, and hundreds of kid-friendly science books in subjects such as biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, astronomy, and forensics. She has an undergraduate degree in equine science and a master’s degree in forensic toxicology. She has never taken a creative writing class and she hopes she never will. 

You can find her on Facebook if you want to chat: 
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJAHuss

You can join the newsletter and get free sneak peeks of upcoming stories:
http://eepurl.com/JVhAr

No comments:

Post a Comment