Monday, November 9, 2015

Book Review- Stalker duology


Killer ( Stalker 0.5)
by Clarissa Wild

This is a prequel to the Dark Romance Standalone STALKER.

Some secrets are meant to stay hidden …

Secrets could kill you. My husband is the prime example.
I’m a trophy wife. Someone’s prized possession, just there to be pretty. My dreams were pushed aside for his. Until one fateful night, one chance encounter, all his dirty secrets were exposed.
And then my supposed husband is killed.
I should be sad, but all I feel is anger. My husband is a lying, cheating bastard. And if that isn’t bad enough, I’m now the prime suspect for his murder.
Only his brother believes I'm innocent, and in his support, I find relief. However, I will find the real killer and bring him to justice ... before he tries to end my life too.


WARNING: This book contains strong language, explicit situations, and disturbing content.


                               Favorite Quotes:

I should feel nothing; no remorse, no guilt, no sorrow, no anger..nothing. But this woman...

You know what? I'm glad he died. I'm not going to lie. I hated his guts, and there is not point in denying it.
   
                                                      My Review:

Killer is the prequel to Stalker and Introduces us to Vanessa Starr, a trophy wife who becomes the prime suspect in her husbands murder. Vanessa is self absorbed, vengeful and bent on seeking justice that she will not  give up til she finds who killed her husband.
Phoenix Sullivan, a hired hitman so dark and twisted, he draws you in and you want to know more about him. 
The night of the murder takes a unplanned turn and leaves you wondering, who is the real killer?

                                                          TEASERS:





Stalker


F**k me once, I'll f**k you twice ... then I'll bury you.

No prison can keep me from seeking revenge. Especially when it comes to her.

She, the woman who put me in jail.

I swore that I'd come for her, to claim what belongs to me: Her life. I'm not a good man. On the contrary, I love to be bad. It's in my veins. Just like it's in my veins to ruin her.

She's an actress, pretending to be a saint, but we both know that isn't true. One way or another, she'll pay for what she did. I will hunt for her. Make her fear me. Make her body mine.

Bad deeds never go unpunished ... And I always go out with a bang.

WARNING: This book is a DARK ROMANCE STANDALONE - it has a non-conventional ending. This isn't rainbow sprinkles & unicorn fluff. It's a dark, thrilling journey of two people clashing over love, lust, and hatred. Heed the warning. Contains graphic violence, alcohol, drugs & other disturbing content. 


                                     Favorite Quotes:

I want her to feel me, to see the real me. I want her to like me again...and I want her happy. This is the only way I know how to fix what I've broken.Us.

She consumed me.
She ruined my life.
And I will destroy her 
in return.

I thought humiliating her like that would make the revenge
sweet as hell. Instead , it only made me hungry for more.

I keep thinking...what if
things had gone differently?
What if we'd made different
choices? Would I still be the 
killer? Would she still be the 
conniving bitch she is now?
Would we hate or love each 
other?

                                     My Review:

This is my second book to read by Clarissa Wild, Twenty One is my first and after reading Stalker, I am starting to believe that only Clarissa Wild can write a story of someone being held captive, tortured and twistedly seduced by her captor and leave the reader wanting a happily ever after for the captor and the captive.
Well, I hope you have read Killer the prequel and introduced yourself to Phoenix Sullivan and Vanessa Starr. 
In Stalker the killer of Vanessa's husband has been put behind bars and is set on revenge. 
This story is told in past and present tense and will reveal the true relationship of Phoenix  and Vanessa.
This is a dark, twisted and slightly perverse read, it will you you trying to figure out which character is more twisted than the other. Secrets seem to be just around every corner and unwelcome visitors appearing at intense moments kept me on the edge of my seat.
If only the past decisions Phoenix and Vanessa made would have been different, it could have prevented the hatred, need for revenge and the deaths that lie in there paths.
          I know what author I will be looking for when I need a dark and twisted story.
                         * Strong Sexual References and graphic violence*

                                            TEASERS:




                                       About The Author:

                                   
                            Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author, best known for the dark Romance novel Mr. X. Her novels include the Fierce Series, the Delirious Series, and Stalker. She is also a writer of erotic romance such as the Blissful Series, The Billionaire's Bet series, and the Enflamed Series. She is an avid reader and writer of sexy stories about hot men and feisty women. Her other loves include her furry cat friend and learning about different cultures. In her free time she enjoys watching all sorts of movies, reading tons of books and cooking her favorite meals.

Check out my sexy books:http://smarturl.it/clarissawildbooks

Want to review my books? >>Click here!<< 

Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/ClarissaWild...

Or Twitter: https://twitter.com/WildClarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Iowish Roots by E.J. Whitmer

Title: Iowish Roots Author: E.J. Whitmer Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 15, 2017 Blurb A...