Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Book Review - Some Sort of Happy


Some Sort of Happy ( Happy Crazy Love #1)

by Melanie Harlow

I almost didn’t believe it was him. 

In high school, Sebastian Pryce had been an aloof outsider who kept to himself. But now, ten years, later he’s back and unusually attractive. With muscle in all the right places and hands that know exactly what they’re doing, Sebastian is everything I didn’t know I needed. And while he isn’t exactly friendly, he has a magnetism that draws me in. 

He pulls away, afraid he’ll break me.

Until the night I demanded more—and he gave it. (Hard and deep. Twice.)

Were we just two lost, lonely people seeking solace? 

Or could a disgraced reality TV star and a flawed, frustrating man actually find some sort of happy together?

** SOME SORT OF HAPPY is a full-length standalone romance. 

                          Favorite Quotes:

"Can I blame the wine?" Yes. That was it. Pin the kiss on the Pinot.

" From the moment I saw you again, I knew you could undo me.
I knew I should stay away from you, but I couldn't. I can't. The only 
thing I can do is make you mine."

For the first time I felt grateful
for the crappy decisions I'd made 
in the last year, because they'd 
all ed me to this table, this man,
this moment.

" Because I can't remember what it fells like not to love you.
Not to ache for you, Not to yearn for you."

"loving someone doesn't mean you have to love everything they do. But it does me you forgive them a little more often, a little more easily."


                                         My Review:

     Some Sort of Happy had me feeling all kinds of giddy, I am in love with these characters and I wanted more of Sebastian and Skylar. 
Melanie Harlow included two of my favorite things in this storyline... reality television and wine. 
     While I was reading Some Sort of Happy I found myself not wanting to be distracted, I hated that daily life had to come between me and this story even if it was for a second.
There was not one thing that I did not like about Skylar Nixon, her dreams of becoming a actress was tarnished after a embarrassing stint on a reality tv show. Skylar returns to her hometown and has to deal with the consequences of her actions from the show. 
She is down on herself and questions where her life is heading. I found her to be strong, sexy and funny as hell.
     What can I say about Sebastian Pryce? Sebastian had me from the beginning of the story to the end and still wanting more of him. My heart ached for the moments that his OCD took over his brain but even more when he doubted himself and his belief of not deserving happiness. Those moments seemed to be perfectly written that I could feel the torture of someone living with OCD. 
When Skylar and Sebastian come together, it's everything I want in a storyline. Their moments are funny, sexy and troubled.  I seriously had such a laugh out loud moment at one part of the story. 

" And we don't use sharp knives for fried chicken, so you don't have to worry about stabbing
anyone. But if you do, stab Dan. Natalie thinks he might be cheating on her."

The sexual moments in the story were hot, steamy and skin tingling, even the moments of subtle dominance could have been dirty but to me... it read as if it was a need/longing sort of as Sebastion's long breath needing to be exhaled. The tortured part of the story could be felt to my core being. Skylar wanting to accept every part of Sebastian and Sebastian battling his brain and heart, it could have been frustrating as a reader but I found that it drew me closer to the characters and wanted so much for their happily ever after.
This is my first Melanie Harlow read and definitely not my last, I am so looking forward to Some Sort Of Crazy. 
                         
                                


                                        





                                   TEASERS:




About the Author:
Melanie Harlow        Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. When she's not reading good books, she gets her kicks from TV series like Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Masters of Sex, Deadwood, Mad Men, and Downtown Abbey (although she wishes it were more HBO and less PBS). 

Melanie is the author of the FRENCHED contemporary romance series (FRENCHED, YANKED, FORKED, FLOORED) and the sexy historical series SPEAK EASY (SPEAK EASY, SPEAK LOW), set in the 1920s.

She lifts her glass to romance readers and writers from her home near Detroit, MI, where she lives with her husband and two daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment