Monday, November 23, 2015

Book Review- Some Sort of Crazy

Some Sort of Crazy ( Happy Crazy Love #2)

by Melanie Harlow

When a psychic tells Natalie Nixon her life is about to be upended by a mysterious stranger, she laughs it off. After all, she has everything she’s ever wanted—a successful bakery, a the perfect boyfriend, and the keys to her dream house.

Who could possibly make her want to throw all that away? 

Then Miles Haas comes back to town. 

But he’s no stranger—they’ve known each other since high school. Plus, he’s only around for the summer, he’s still a shameless playboy, and he makes a living writing articles for a men’s magazine with titles like 'Should You Bang the Boss’s Daughter? A Flowchart' and 'Butt Stuff for Beginners: A Field Guide.' 

He’s not the man of her dreams, and she’s not about to abandon everything she’s worked so hard for just for a little fun. Except he makes her laugh like no one else, smells like heaven, and looks sexy as hell in those panty-melting glasses.

**SOME SORT OF CRAZY is a full-length standalone romance.**

                                     Favorite Quotes:

And there it was. His full name, address, and vital stats right next to his grinning mug.
I shook my head. Who the hell smiles in their driver's license picture?

" Hey, you didn't say that you would be the wife. I might change my answer if that's the case. Because your buns are amazing. And your muffin? Outstanding."

I'm a lover not a fighter, but I have a big enough mouth that I've gotten myself into trouble a few times, I took off my glasses just in case,

She was out-Miles-ing me! 
She was so hot and had me 
so off kilter, I didn't even 
know hat to do with myself!

That feeling struck me again- that surge of longing to do everything at once.
Hold her, kiss her, touch her, tell her everything, wrap her up in my arms 
and keep her there until she believed how much I loved her, how much I needed her, how hard i'd work to deserve her.


                                My Review:

     Since reading Some Sort of Happy,  I was so looking forward to Some Sort of Crazy, I am so happy that Melanie Harlow did not disappoint. 
     The story begins with the Nixon sisters celebrating the night away, they find themselves in the presence of a psychic, who tells Natalie a stranger will turn her world upside down. That night will change everything for Natalie, the youngest sister, who has her life all planned out. Natalie owns a home, a business and has been in a relationship for as long as she can remember. Life with her boyfriend Dan is comfortable, sexless, a questionable love and ...stagnate. 
     Miles Haas, writing his name places a silly ass grin to my face. Miles, a writer for a men's magazine, playboy extraordinaire and shamelessly immature. Why would any woman want him? What woman doesn't? He is Natalie's childhood bestfriend and has carried a feeling for her that no woman has been able to compete with.
     The relationship between Miles and Natalie is back and forth sexual banter that is funny and extremely toe curling.  If you are looking for a friends to lovers romance with lots of laughs, hot and at times dominating sex and a frustrating path at love, Some sort of Crazy is your book. 
     Melanie Harlow has a way with writing about a guy with glasses that will totally sweep you off your feet. I will be looking out for her books.


                                                            TEASERS:




About The Author:
7095467                             Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. She writes contemporary and historical romance from her home near Detroit, MI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Pretty Dirty by Madison Faye

Title: Pretty Dirty Series: Dirty Bad Things #2 Author: Madison Faye Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 11...