Friday, November 20, 2015

Book Review- Nuts

Nuts ( Hudson Valley #1)



From New York Times bestselling author Alice Clayton, the first in a brand-new romance series telling the humorously sexy tale of Roxie, a private chef who gets a taste of love—but is it to stay, or to go?

After losing almost all of her clients in one fell swoop following an accident involving whipped cream, private chef to Hollywood’s elite Roxie Callahan gets a call from her flighty mother, saying she’s needed home in upstate New York to run the family diner. Once she's back in the Hudson Valley, local organic farmer Leo delivers Roxie a lovely bunch of walnuts, and soon sparks—and clothing—begin to fly. Leo believes that everything worth doing is worth doing slowly…and how! But will Roxie stay upstate, or will the lure of West Coast redemption tempt her back to Tinseltown?

                                 Favorite Quotes:

Coffee suddenly sounded like the best idea in history? Yes. Lay on top of me again? If you must.

I have never in my life wanted 
to ravish someone .Kiss? Sure. See 
naked? Sure.But when my eyes
met his, I felt a powerful urge to 
ravish. His mouth, his neck,his
chest,his stomach, and everything
beneath those frayed blue jeans.
And the funny thing is, I felt like
he was thinking the same thing.

A dress that was one of my favorites, but if he'd torn it off and left it 
it in a heap on the floor, I'd have shouted hallelujah

Because this guy was incredible.
Because this guy was real and 
sweet and kind, and knew
about the kinds of things that 
could wiggle through every chink
in my armor and into my hereto-
fore unbreakable heart.

He said my name over and over again, in this gorgeous, raspy whisper that was as sexy as it was intimate. I felt, in a word, worshipped.

                                      My Review:

     As you can tell from my favorite quotes, I would have highlighted practically every page.
Alice Clayton is one author I will be looking forward to reading more from. 
Nuts had this witty back and forth flirty banter that I could not get enough of.
     Roxie Callahan, a private chef to the rich and famous returns home after a incident with one of her clients, she decides it's best to take a break from the big city and help her free spirited mother, returning to her hometown was the last thing Roxie ever wanted. The town gossip and everybody knowing everybody was what kept her away, she wanted the getting lost in a big city feel. While mom is traveling around the world, Roxie takes over the diner for the summer...just the summer.
     Leo Maxwell, the Hudson Valley local farmer that has every woman swooning after him. He is extremely hot and is known for not dating. I love his charm and personality it just flows off the pages and hot damn what Leo can do to someones neck just makes me shiver thinking about it. 
     When Roxie and Leo literally bump/fall into each other, chemistry takes over there is no stopping the pull they have. Their summer romance is so perfectly written, it's funny and over the top hot without being sexually explicit. I could feel the heat of their attraction just with the description of how they touched.
Will Roxie's feelings change for her hometown and wanting just a summer fling after meeting Leo? Is there a secret that could come between him and Roxy?
I recommend you read Nuts to find out...I loved this story.

                                             TEASERS:



About the Author:
                                   ALICE CLAYTON worked in the cosmetics industry for over a decade before picking up a pen (read laptop).

                                   She enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up, and finally convinced her long-time boyfriend to marry her.

Now, about that Bernese Mountain dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Iowish Roots by E.J. Whitmer

Title: Iowish Roots Author: E.J. Whitmer Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 15, 2017 Blurb A...