Sunday, November 15, 2015

Book Review- Brando Part Two


Brando: Part Two 

by J.D. Hawkins


I gave you exactly what you wanted, and you still want more...

I thought I had everything: the fame, the money, and a girl on top — of the charts, that is. 

But it turns out, it means nothing without her. The only girl who ever knew the real me. She doesn’t give a fuck about the platinum records or the VIP lounge, she wants more than that. She wants a future with me.

And I’m all in.
All the way in.

                               Favorite Quotes:

I can barely look her in the eye. Her words fall like a sack of bricks,
crushing me. It was bad enough losing her, but knowing that I hurt her
this much is enough to push me over the edge.

          I was a bad enough wreck
when I lost her, but being near her
like this is a torture that even a 
war couldn't justify.

A stupid bet that I won,and still
feel like I lost. A stupid bet that I'd 
make all over again, because it's
the best damn thing that 
happened ever happened to me-
and maybe you ,too.

This is how it all started, with me in the audience,
and her on a stage. With me making a silent
promise that ties me to her.Only the first time
it was on somebody else's terms- this time it's all mine.

                      My Review:

     In Brando Part Two, J.D. Hawkins has a great way of reminding the reader of why Brando lost the girl and almost lost everything he has worked so hard for. 
The story begins with a broken Brando, hiding himself from reality. Luckily, he has a good friend to remind him that he is freaking Brando and awesome at what he does.
     Brando, realizes he screwed up and is willing to making everything right with Haley.
He is thrown into a situation by his boss, that may help him win back the woman that he loves and has to deal with his ex- Lexi, who is a total conniving piece of work. 
Haley is not making things easy for Brando with her mood swings, teasing and then the hot steamy make up sex, to only push him away. Haley seemed to be a little naive in this story and I hoped for more fight in her when it came to Lexi.
     I found no fault in Brando's character, he's willing to accept his mistakes and jump over walls to make everything right. He still comes off as sexy as hell and commanding in everything that he works at.
My only disappointment was when I realized I came to the end of the story, I am happy for the Happily Ever After but selfishly want more of Brando and Haley.
                                  * 18 years of age due to sexual references *

                                                               TEASERS:





About the Author:
 I’m an erotic author from LA. I grew up in Southern California and now live with my wife in Venice. I’ve also lived in NYC, India and Thailand. I love to travel and have been to Central America, Australia, Europe and the Middle East. I have a boring corporate day job where I cover people’s asses for a living and am hoping to leave this world soon and make a living doing the thing I love – writing. I enjoy surfing and I’m also a martial artist, my other main passion, which I have practiced since the age of 5.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Unintended by Georgia Cates

Title: Unintended Series: The Sin Series #5 Author: Georgia Cates Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: Octo...