Monday, October 5, 2015

Book Review- Slaying The Dragon


Slaying the Dragon ( Deception Duet #2)

by T.K. Leigh

I should have resisted him, but I couldn’t. My addiction to him was all-consuming, the high from his touch unlike any other.
Without him, I couldn’t focus, couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe.
With him, I hated myself for being too weak to fight the devil himself.
And Tyler Burnham was the devil.
He used me.
He lied to me.
But he loved me. And he still does.

Unable to stop thinking about the man who deceived her, Mackenzie Delano struggles to move on and forget that Tyler Burnham ever walked into her life. But she still aches for him, despite his betrayal. Her mind is at war with her heart, a war that could be the difference between living and dying.

Tyler Burnham is lost without Mackenzie. As he contemplates the meaning of everything, he tries to find a way to prove that his feelings for her are true. That he would walk through fire to keep her at his side. That he would sacrifice it all…his career, his fortune, his life…to protect her.

The truth is, he may just have to…

Slaying The Dragon is the suspense-filled conclusion to T.K. Leigh’s Deception Duet.

                            
                               Favorite Quotes:

I should have been crying but tears refused to fall. I should have felt something. Anything. Anger. Hatred. Resentment. Fear. Confusion. But I felt nothing. -Mackenzie


I had destroyed the most precious gift there was...love. My betrayal and deception tormented me  -Tyler

"You can push me away all you want. You 
can tell me you'll never forgive me,
that there will never be a us again,
but I will always come back for you.
A hundred times. A thousand times.
I will fight for us until my last breath."
                           - Tyler


With each kiss, he was saying " I love you", "I cherish you",
" I treasure you". I didn't need to hear his voice say those words.
                                   - Mackenzie

                                                                   

                                     My Review:

                       * I was fortunate to receive a ARC in exchange for a honest review.*

T. K. Leigh did not disappoint me with Slaying The Dragon. I was so excited to finally have my hands on something that could answer my questions that left me hanging from Chasing The Dragon. 
Starting from the beginning I was emotional, Tyler and Mackenzie's relationship was questionable and needed a miracle. Without spoiling anything their love will drive you crazy, make you cry, and at times frustrate the hell out of you, but it's so worth it. I did not fall in love with Tyler Burnham in Chasing the Dragon, in this story his character is different he seemed stronger, weaker when he needed to be and very determined. I have to say he gives his brother Alexander tough competition, I am loving the Burnham brothers.
Mackenzie still drove me crazy, but I love her strong character. Mackenzie faces her challenges with strength and determination. The love and passion that Tyler and Mackenzie have is so strong and steamy, I could feel it off the pages. 
All your questions will be answered of why Mackenzie/Serafina's dad is in hiding and who is behind the murders? I can't forget... you will question which characters to trust.
Slaying The Dragon is suspenseful and at times will have you on the edge of your seat it will also keep you satisfied in the romance department.
I am such a big T.K. Leigh fan, my only disappointment is...What do I do now? How am I going to get my Tyler and Mackenzie fix?


                                            TEASERS:












About The Author:
 

T.K. Leigh, otherwise known as Tracy Leigh Kellam, is the USA Today Best Selling author of the Beautiful Mess series. Originally from New England, she now resides in sunny Southern California with her husband, dog and three cats, all of which she has rescued (including the husband). When she’s not planted in front of her computer, writing away, she can be found running and training for her next marathon (of which she has run over fifteen fulls and far too many halfs to recall). Unlike Olivia, the main character in her Beautiful Mess series, she has yet to qualify for the Boston Marathon.
T.K. Leigh is represented by Jane Dystel of Dystel & Goderich Literary Management. All publishing inquiries, including audio, foreign, and film rights, should be directed to her.

AUTHOR LINKS



Google page:  http://bit.ly/1Nmucjn




No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Like a Boss by Liz Matis

Title: Like a Boss Series: Double Trouble Duet #1 Author s: Li z Mati s Genre: Contemporary Romance   Release Date:...