Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Book Review- Loving Mr. Daniels


Loving Mr. Daniels

by Brittainy C Cherry

To Whom it May Concern, 

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. 

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. 

When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons. 

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.

It was ours. 

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels. 

-Ashlyn Jennings

                               Favorite Quotes:

Why was it that you wanted those who ignored you to love you the most?

Because when people died, they took their voices with them.I wondered if they knew how much the people left behind would kill for their sounds one last time.


He didn't move. He didn't get tired of my emotional breakdown.He just stood there, and for some reason, I felt a hug he never delivered to me.

" If I learned anything these
past few months, it's that life
sucks, Daniel. It sucks. It's mean,
it's vicious, it's unapologetic.
It's dark and cruel. But then,
sometimes,it's so beautiful that it 
knocks all of that darkness out of 
your system with the light."

                                        My Review:

I have to begin with...I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I loved the storyline, I loved the characters and I loved it so much that I had to stop myself from highlighting all the pages for my favorite quotes. 

My heart went out to Ashlyn Jennings, she losses a major part of herself and then her mother sends her to live with her father. Feeling like she has no one in a new place and new family, all she has is the memories and letters... I loved the concept of the letters. 
On her train ride to Wisconsin to live with her dad, Ashlyn meets Daniel Daniels and she is captivated.

Beautiful.
Breathtaking.
Brilliant.
Blue eyes.


That is who Daniel is to Ashlyn, Daniel was also captivated by her green eyes but it was her sadness that caught his attention.
On there second meeting, Daniel invites Ashyln to watch his band perform in a bar and at this point it was hard for me not to want to cry. It was a perfectly written emotional breakdown for Ashlyn and with Daniel being there for her only makes you fall in love with him.

Omg... I need to stop here before I keep on and give spoilers which I hate to do. It's just that 
Loving Mr. Daniels is one of those books that you just want to keep talking about. It's so hard not to fall in love with the main characters and some how it blinds you to the student- teacher forbidden relationship. Ashlyn is 19 and Mr. Daniels is 22 and relationship started before they knew, so don't judge til you read the story.
The secondary characters add so much to the story and without them, I don't know how Ashlyn would have survived senior year, bullies, heartbreak and love. These characters are captivating, heartfelt and funny and still stayed with me long after I've read the story.
If your looking for a forbidden romance, love between family and friends, finding yourself, and a story of loving someone that was meant to be even before you knew they existed. Loving Mr. Daniels is perfect for you.




TEASERS:






                       About The Author:


Brittainy Cherry
Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her family. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.

You can find her on facebook at: www.facebook.com/BrittainyCherryAuthor

No comments:

Post a Comment