Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Book Review- BRANDO

BRANDO ( Brando #1)
by J.D. Hawkins



I know what you want, and I know exactly how to give it to you...

It's why I've got a row of platinum records on my wall and girls lining up for a shot at fame. I'm the best. Now I just need to prove it.

The bet is simple: take a nobody and make her a star. I just didn't bet on HER.

She's not some wannabe, she's the real deal.

But fuck it, I want her. And I always come out on top.
 

                         My Favorite Quotes:

Maybe this whole bet was a bad idea. Maybe the only way this could end is badly.

I struggle for breath, his tongue probing me hungrily,
but I can't let him go, won't let him go.

                                     My Review:

I have to admit BRANDO is my first J.D. Hawkins read, I have to say that I was very surprised at how much I liked it. Just by reading the premise and into the first chapter I was so sure that Brando was going to be a male chauvinist pig. The further I read, I felt myself being drawn into him. Brando may seem like a love them and leave them type of man, my opinion of him soon changes. 
Brando would do anything to get back the woman he loved and helped rise to fame, which leads him to accepting a bet.
The bet is too find a unknown artist and make her a big star and he has one month, that is where Haley Grace Cook comes in. Haley is strong- willed and determined to stay true to who she is and how she wants her music recorded. 
Brando has his hands filled with Haley, but soon finds out that he is loving every minute with her. Brando is reminded of why he feel in love with the music industry, his passion for music and Haley is so well written that I wanted more. 
The bet lingered in the back of my mind and I could anticipate Brando losing it all, once the bet was revealed. I have become a fan of J.D. Hawkins and will definitely be looking out for his books.


BRANDO is a duet series, part 2 is due to be released on Nov. 12, 2015!

TEASERS:



                                     About the Author:

I'm a new erotic author from LA. I grew up in Southern California and now live with my wife in Venice. I've also lived in NYC, India and Thailand. I love to travel and have been to Central America, Australia, Europe and the Middle East. I have a boring corporate day job where I cover people's asses for a living and am hoping to leave this world soon and make a living doing the thing I love - writing. I enjoy surfing and I'm also a martial artist, my other main passion, which I have practiced since the age of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment