Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Book Review- Crushing Misery



Crushing Misery (Shades of Misery Book 1)
by Kinsey Taylor

Have you ever lost the will to fight? Kennedy Anderson has continually struggled with the crummy hand life has dealt her. A failed, abusive marriage has left her worn, yet relieved that the past is finally locked away. Unfortunately, the past has a way of repeating itself. Once again faced with tragedy and despair, Kennedy’s anguish is multiplied by the fact that she doesn’t suffer alone; she now has a two-year-old daughter, Ashlynn. Love has only served to complicate Corbin Nash’s life. He’s focused, hardworking, and dedicated to regaining his middleweight title until the unlikely duo of Kennedy and Ashlynn enter his life. While trying to help her fight her demons, Corbin finds his own resurfacing, steadily revealing the secrets he’s worked so hard to keep buried the last eighteen years. Two beaten and battered souls, desperate to break free of the misery... Will they cower to their plagued pasts, or will they fight through the despair and finally find the happiness that has evaded them their entire lives?


Favorite Quote:

"The fact that I haven't laid a finger on her terrifies me, yet
leaves my body so intoxicated it only makes me crave for more."
                                                       - Corbin







My Review:

I just finished reading Crushing Misery  by Kinsey Taylor and within the first couple of chapters it had already grabbed my attention. Kennedy Anderson pulls you in with the abuse that she receives from the ones that are meant to protect and love her, it's hard not to fall in love with her. Less than halfway of the story I was crying myself to sleep because of the LOVE  that she receives from her true loved ones and it is written so powerful that my heart was hurting. The abuse she receives is literally felt off the page, I was angry and fidgety just reading it. 
When it comes to the next character I have to be honest, I never thought I would be reading a book about a MMA fighter and like it. I didn't just like it...I feel for Corbin Nash, his heart, protectiveness, good looks, sex appeal just screamed off the page. He also has a past and usually turns to fighting, racing and sex to fight his demons. 
There is no way you could not feel the attraction between Corbin and Kennedy, it was that freaking  HOT.  
This book is about abuse, overcoming your past, finding yourself, a family's love for Kennedy and the love that Corbin has for his girls Kennedy and Ashlynn. This book is very sexually explicit, I am glad that I am not bothered by that because if I was I would have missed out on a very good story.

                           







                                                           About The Author
Kinsey TaylorAuthor Kinsey Taylor lives in the beautiful state of Washington. You'll find her running after her three crazy minions, two food-loving dogs, and a moody cat who believes he's the King of their castle. Her inspiration for her books comes from deep in her heart, inspired by her soul mate and husbands adoring support. The everlasting romantic, Kinsey's writing is sure to give twists, turns, and plenty of drama that will leave you breathless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Spotlight and Review for Everest by S.L. Scott

Title: Everest Author: S.L. Scott Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense SYNOPSIS From New York Times Bestselling Auth...