Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Book Review- Truth

Truth: Book 2 of the Consequences Series 



Book #2 of the Bestselling Consequences Series: 

Nichols endured the CONSEQUENCES of Anthony Rawlings’ vendetta. 
When she first arrived to his home, her goal was survival. Through strength and compartmentalization Claire captivated her captor. Her resilience in the face of his rule threatened Anthony’s well developed plan. He thought he taught her to behave—but domination became desire and Claire taught Tony to love. 

Their passion and adoration in a world of opulence appeared perfect, yet the reality was a roller coaster of emotion. Claire’s world teetered on the edge of sanity as Antony monitored her every move. When given the opportunity to flee, Claire drove away—a fateful decision which began a well laid plan. 
Unbeknownst to either of them, there were others who saw past the perfect facade of Anthony Rawlings. There were others who saw the TRUTH. Conspiracy and unfulfilled promises result in an early prison release for Claire. Not just a release—a pardon. According to the law, her crime never happened! 

Will it be that easy? Faced with freedom from her past—can Claire seize it? Can she build a new life, mend her broken spirit, become the woman she once was, and seek her own revenge? Or is it all a game? And does the game master have different plans? 

How does Sophia Burke fit into the puzzle that is Tony and Claire? Will her presence affect the future of this well esteemed man? Can he dominate twice? Is that his goal? 

TRUTH continues the tumultuous saga of CONSEQUENCES, introduces new players, and uncovers more intrigue. Aleatha Romig skillfully weaves past transgressions through current deception to create a fervent world of obsessed desire. In this reality can an all-consuming relationship survive? 
When buried sins are discovered they threaten not only Tony and Claire’s future—but their very lives! Will the TRUTH be revealed in time?

" My, Claire, you continue to amaze me. I see you're trying to show me the new, independent Claire Nichols."

My Review: 

I really messed this review up before I am even getting started. I was so caught up in Truth that by the end of the book I need to continue with the next book Convicted. The beginning of the third book has me so messed up that I literally want to eat anything in site to try and control my nerves. I stopped at the fourth chapter and that is so I can write down the thoughts in my head ...
Truth from the beginning grabbed a hold of me and I was not able to put the book down. By the time I looked at my clock it was 5:45 a.m. and I needed to be up by 8:00 a.m., so I didn't get much sleep.
In Book 2 new characters are included, stories from the past are revealed and there are twist and turns that will totally screw with your mind.
In the beginning I was so sure this was going to be a story of Claire's revenge. It felt like a story two people playing a game and who is going to make the next move. I was so rooting for Claire but she always seemed to forget her one weakness... Anthony. I was surprised at times by her strength and sometimes found it comical when she stands up to Tony. It seemed like everything Claire planned so she could be one step ahead of his game it seemed to slap her in the face. 
I am so confused as to how I feel about Anthony Rawlings, he is suppose to be the villian. After everything he did to Claire in Consequences, he should have no love from me . That was not the feeling I was getting, I wanted more for him. I found myself aching when he was hurting, smiling when he was trying to be more of what Claire wanted. 
There is so many surprises, twist and suspense that I don't want to spoil anything when you read this book. I have to say that it is a read that you won't be disappointed in. 
I really wish I could explain all the beautiful details in this book especially Claire's trip to my hometown San Antonio ( Shout Out). 
The questions  of Anthony's family will be answered. Who is truly behind this vendetta is shocking and will piss you the hell off  to the point that you want to shout derogatory words. I know I am all over the place with this post and for that I apologize, that is how this book left me.  
                 I highly recommend this book but you have to read Consequences first

                                             
                                                                    TEASERS

                                                                      





About The Author

Aleatha Romig is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Together with her high-school sweetheart and husband of twenty-nine years, they've raised three children. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist and spent her nights writing. Now, when she's not imagining mind-blowing twists and turns, she likes to spend her time with her family and friends. Her pastimes include reading and creating heroes/anti-heroes who haunt your dreams!


CONSEQUENCES, her first novel, was released August 2011, by Xlibris Publishing. Then in October of 2012, Ms. Romig re-released CONSEQUENCES as an indie author. TRUTH, the sequel, was released October 30, 2012, and CONVICTED, the third in the series, was released October 8, 2013. Unexpectedly, the fourth book of the Consequences series came to life with REVEALED and was released May 20, 2014. BEYOND THE CONSEQUENCES, book #5, was released January of 2015. Yes...MORE Tony and Claire.

Aleatha also wrote reading companions for the Consequences Series. BEHIND HIS EYES CONSEQUENCES (Book 1.5) and BEHIND HIS EYES TRUTH (Book 2.5) are currently available for those times and scenes when the readers asked, "What was Tony thinking?" These companions also contain never before released behind-the-scenes scenes.

INSIDIOUS, the first released book from TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE was released October 21, 2014. TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE will be a series of standalone, dark, erotic thrillers guaranteed to take you on a wild, hot, and dark ride. Each novel in the series will be independent of the next. DUPLICITY, book #2, will be released in 2015. 

Aleatha is a "Published Author's Network" member of the Romance Writers of America and represented by Danielle Egan-Miller of Brown and Miller Literary Associates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for His Pregnant Secretary by Joanne Rock

  Title: Little Secrets: His Pregnant Secretary Series: The McNeill Magnates #4 Author: Joanne Rock Genre: Contemporar...