Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Book Review- Seduced in the Dark


Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 2)

by CJ Roberts

From the author of, Captive in the Dark, comes the long awaited sequel: 

Seduced in the Dark 
What is the price of redemption? 

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood. 

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end. 

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance? 

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?

Favorite Quotes:

" No," she said. Her tone brooked no argument. " I don't want 
to stop. I don't want to think. I want to stay and pretend nothing's waiting for us when we get out."



" For saving my life. Even if you're just going to put it in 
danger again," she whispered.

Be Smart! Fight the battles you can win and accept the ones you can't. That's how you survive. " That's how you avoid being tied to a fucking mattress and soaked in your own blood.

There were certain things I had no choice but to trust him with: 
Keeping me alive, fed, safe and - unless it was him - untouched.

 " I've been doing this a long time- manipulating people to get my way.
That's why you think you love me! Because I have broken you down
and built you back up to believe it.It wasn't an accident!
Once you leave this behind...you'll see that."


My Review:

Seduced in the Dark had me a bundle of nerves starting from the beginning. I was caught off guard on how it began, so I felt like I was mentally screwed. I am one of those readers that can grab onto clues while I am reading and most of the time... predict the end. CJ Roberts made that very difficult with her writing. 
I felt Seduced in the Dark had twice the intensity than the first story Captive in the Dark. The dark erotic scenes are written very often and the torture and sexual torture of Livvie and others is very graphic. I guess, it would have to be since most of the story is taking place in the home of a sexual slave dealer. 
Lots of new characters have a strong part in this story either to help or destroy Caleb and Livvie. 
Livvie is still trying hard to survive by being a obedient slave, staying close to Caleb, trying to convince Caleb that she loves him, and just basically holding on to her sanity.
It's so hard to hate Caleb, I hated him through most of the reading but then you can feel just how tortured he is about Livvie and his past. Having to prepare the girl that he has grown feelings for, just so she can be in the hands of another man. He is also so confused about his feelings for the man that he considers family. 
How far will Caleb go to protect the girl he loves and stay true and complete the mission he and his friend set in place? Secrets will be revealed that will surprise or emotionally destroy someone. This book is so dark and sexually twisted but I didn't mind because all I keep thinking about while reading, was if Livvie and Caleb could survive this ordeal together?

                             TEASERS:









CJ RobertsAbout the Author:
CJ Roberts is an independent writer. She favors dark and erotic stories with taboo twists. Her work has been called sexy and disturbing in the same sentence.

Her debut novel, CAPTIVE IN THE DARK, has sold over 150,000 copies and is the first of three books in her bestselling and award winning series DARK DUET.

She was born and raised in Southern California. Following high school, she joined the U.S. Air Force in 1998, served ten years and traveled the world. 

She writes short stories under the name Jennifer Roberts (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...)

For more information, please visit the following:
Website:http://aboutcjroberts.com/index.php/b...
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/AuthorCJRoberts
Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/AuthorCJRoberts






No comments:

Post a Comment