Monday, September 7, 2015

Book Review- Say My Name

Say My Name: A Stark Novel
by J. Kenner

New York Times bestselling author J. Kenner kicks off a smoking hot, emotionally compelling new trilogy that returns to the world of her beloved Stark novels: Release Me, Claim Me, and Complete Me.Say My Name features Jackson Steele, a strong-willed man who goes after what he wants, and Sylvia Brooks, a disciplined woman who’s hard to get—and exactly who Jackson needs.
 
I never let anyone get too close—but he’s the only man who’s ever made me feel alive.
 
Meeting Jackson Steele was a shock to my senses. Confident and commanding, he could take charge of any room . . . or any woman. And Jackson wanted me. The mere sight of him took my breath away, and his touch made me break all my rules.   
 
Our bond was immediate, our passion untamed. I wanted to surrender completely to his kiss, but I couldn’t risk his knowing the truth about my past. Yet Jackson carried secrets too, and in our desire we found our escape, pushing our boundaries as far as they could go. 
 
Learning to trust is never easy. In my mind, I knew I should run. But in my heart, I never felt a fire this strong—and it could either save me or scorch me forever.
 
Say My Name is intended for mature audiences.

Favorite Quotes:

" I was shameless, standing there with this man on his knees in front of me, his mouth so violently tormenting me. And yet all I wanted was more. All I craved was everything."

" What the fuck are you doing?" he demands." You want danger?
Try me, Sylvia,because you have no idea how dangerous I can be."
He tightens his grip on my arms.
" Or maybe you want
anonymous? Me again- because
if you think you know me,
princess, I promise you don't."

" And what is history but a memory,and usually a false one at that?
What's that saying? That history is written by the victor?
Write your own history, Sylvia. And when you do , make yourself the hero."

My Review:

What can I say about Say My Name? Starting with the cover, for some reason I felt myself not ready to take on Jackson Steele. The cover did the man justice and that is who I pictured through the book. J. Kenner did not hold back on the writing, I could feel steam just coming off the page.
I am glad that I did not put off reading this book any longer. It not only had Jackson Steele, it had another alpha male Damien Stark that I need to become familiar with. Steele left a impression on me and I was really surprised. I thought I was going to hate a story about another billionaire man getting whatever he wants. No... that wasn't the case, I was captivated and at times hypnotized by him. I found myself replacing Sylvia's name with mine when he would say it. ( Not... all the time)
Sylvia Brooks, this woman sometimes infuriated me. She is strong, independent and highly sexual but she has a past that makes her want to run away. I understand her fear and her reasoning for not trusting anyone. Jackson and Sylvia have so many secrets from the past that they have to face and the hardest part is , will Jackson be sure that Sylvia will not break his heart and leave him like she did 5 yrs ago and will they be able to work on Sylvia's boss Damien Stark's latest business project once the secrets are revealed?  Now, I have to read the second book On My Knees to find out if they can survive their secrets.










About The Author
J. Kenner    J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and #1 International bestselling author of over seventy novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and internationally bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New York Times bestseller list and #1 internationally, JK has been writing full time for over a decade in a variety of genres including paranormal and contemporary romance, "chicklit" suspense, urban fantasy, and paranormal mommy lit. 

JK has been praised by Publishers Weekly as an author with a "flair for dialogue and eccentric characterizations" and by RT Bookclub for having "cornered the market on sinfully attractive, dominant antiheroes and the women who swopn for him." A three time finalist for Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA award, JK took home the first RITA trophy awarded in the category of erotic romance in 2014 for her novel, Claim Me (book 2 of her Stark Trilogy).

In her previous career as an attorney, JK worked as a clerk on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and practiced primarily civil, entertainment and First Amendment litigation in Los Angeles and Irvine, California, as well as in Austin, Texas. She currently lives in Central Texas, with her husband, two daughters, and two rather spastic cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz and Book Review for Shades of Her by Ozlo and Priya Grey

Title: Shades of Her Author: Ozlo & Priya Grey Genre: Contemporary/Erotic Romance Release Date: October 18, 2017 Cover Des...