Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Book Review - Paper Hearts

Paper Hearts 

by Claire Contreras


I lost her. 
No, I didn't lose her. I threw her away. 
She was my best friend. 

I was never supposed to fall in love with her. 
I was careless. 
She was heartbroken. 

I thought I was doing fine. But here she is, years later, forced to work with me, reminding me why I fell in love with her in the first place. 
And this time I'm going to do everything in my power to never let her go.

Favorite Quote:

While I'd been busy ignoring this man, and burning his letters, he'd been
watching me, waiting for the right time. But he'd been married.
He'd been married, and I'd been broken.

My Review:

Usually, when I write a review I like to highlight my favorite parts in a book. I was so buried in my read with Paper Hearts that nothing around me could catch my attention. I kept on reading that I forgot to highlight, so I could post under my favorite quotes. (I remembered towards the end)
This is a story about two best friends Jensen and Mia they fall in love ... a love like no other.
Circumstances come between them and Jensen takes a job that will put distance between them, so they decide on a break.
Jensen comes home for a visit and has to give Mia news that will tear her heart apart. Most of this is from the Prequel Torn Hearts that is included.
Paper Hearts is the conclusion of what happens to Mia and Jensen 5 yrs. later.
Mia is so filled with anger that she cannot see straight when she comes face to face with Jensen when he comes home for a friends wedding. From the beginning of the story I could feel their connection.Mia is strong willed, stubborn, and full of hurt . I have to say that a part of me could side with Mia and understand her feelings but a big part of me wanted to slap her and scream..."He Is Right in Front Of You!!!" I don't understand how her friends and family didn't just want to shake and knock some sense into her. 
Jensen, is what every woman would want in a man but only has eyes for Mia. She is his whole life and will do whatever it takes to make things right. Jensen will let her go, beg, wear his heart on his sleeve and have his heart broken over and over again just to prove that they are meant to be together.
I am not one for spoilers so all I have to say is, their jobs have a big part in their love, their family and friends are awesome and when they come together in a intimate sexual way it sends goosebumps. This story is about second chance love and all the emotions in between. If you want to find out if Mia can accept the changes in Jensen's life so they can finally be together, you have to read Paper Hearts to find out. You will not be disappointed, if I  actually handed out stars this would be a 5 star book for Clare Contreras.

                                                              TEASERS:






About the Author:
6655354Claire is a New York Times & USA Today Best Selling author, mother of two, wife of one, owner of three dogs, and breast cancer survivor.
She enjoys writing anything from children’s stories to erotic suspense, but her most notable work is a contemporary romance. When she’s not writing, she’s reading and dreaming about places she wants to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Spotlight and Review for Everest by S.L. Scott

Title: Everest Author: S.L. Scott Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense SYNOPSIS From New York Times Bestselling Auth...