Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Story of Us Trilogy Review

Charismatic and sexy Ayden Stone is a multi-talented media mogul by day and playboy by night, seducing and discarding women, seeking only sexual pleasure without commitment. He is looking for the love of his life, but is settling for stand-ins … then Fate intervenes. 
A chance meeting with shy school teacher Elizabeth Parker triggers a passionate reaction in him that he cannot explain. Unable to help himself, he is drawn to her by a kind of gravitational force. Up close, he recognises her charm and beauty and is consumed by the idea that they have met before. 
Unschooled in the art of seduction, Elizabeth begins her journey of sexual awakening, allowing Ayden to steer her towards deep and dangerous waters, unaware of their fateful connection. 
With great passion comes heartbreak, threatening their relationship and testing its limits. A dangerous figure from Elizabeth’s past returns, desperate to take back what is 'his'. 
Elizabeth Parker is about to be found, but will she be bound by her destiny or by her demon … 
The Story of Us is an epic story of love, loss and redemption. A modern day fairy-tale full of passion, unspeakable secrets and suspense. 

“We’ve started over, we’re creating our story, one chapter at a time. Our lives didn’t begin ’til the moment we met, so let’s stick to the story of us, Ok? Nothing you say will ever make me want you any less than I do right now.”


MY REVIEW:

TouchStone for Play
I am racking my brain on how to begin my review for this book. I have to be totally honest because I was taken to a whole new level of reading with this trilogy. With TouchStone for play I did not find myself drawn to the main characters at first. I found that the strong sexual chemistry between Elizabeth Parker and Adyen Stone was overpowering and I was not able to connect to them. The character I did fear was Elizabeth's starker Dan Rizler, his obsession took a hold of me that I did not want to turn the page and find out what his plans were for his precious Elizabeth. Jamesson's writing of just the way Rizler held a photo and his thoughts creeped me out. It wasn't until I was more than halfway through the story that I realized somewhere during my read that Ayden and Elizabeth's love captured me and I had to continue reading their journey.

TouchStone for Giving
I was a emotional mess with the second story of Elizabeth and Ayden, their sexual chemistry is still strong as ever and there love for each other is like the air that they breathe. Dan Rizler's obsession is increasing but now he has a silent partner Elise Richards, Ayden's childhood friend that wants to destroy Elizabeth and Ayden's relationship. The beginning of this story had me hyperventilating, crying and wanting to scream hoping someone could save Beth. The middle of the story had me crying like a fool when I thought something has finally come between them and the end had the same affect as the beginning but this time it was traumatic, I could feel the fear that Elizabeth is feeling when she comes face to face with her stalker and I could feel the anger and love that Ayden has when he watches his Beth at the hands of her monster. I have to stop here.... I might start crying.

TouchStone for Ever
This is where Sydney Jamesson's writing threw me for a loop, I was destroyed in the beginning. Let me say that I started the third story around 4 p.m. and could not finish the book til 6 a.m. I was determined to fall asleep knowing the end of  Ayden and Elizabeth's story.
 As I said, I was destroyed in the beginning of the book. Almost to the point that I was going to give up and not finish reading the third part. I felt like I was being tested and taken to another dimension with Elizabeth's story. I thought I was having a Micheal or City of Angels moment and I could only watch those movies... One Time. I felt like a part of me was dying inside for Elizabeth. Even though the relationship of Ayden and Beth was written with Angelic moments, beautiful scenery and heartwrenching emotions. My heart could not stop searching and hoping for the love that is destined to be.
Elise Richards is a big part of this story that is held onto by Detective Mack Bowker, who will not give up until he finds out what part Dan, Elise, Elizabeth and Ayden have in each others lives. So this story has two parts one told by Elizabeth and the other told by Detective Mack Bowker.
All I have to say is that Story of Us series let me emotionally raw and to find out there is a continuation of Ayden and Elizabeth's story with Blue Genes  (The Story of Us series: Into the Blue). I am taking a little break to realign my emotions before I read Blue Genes.

 * I found this series to be in the high side of a erotic romance novel*










About The Author
Sydney Jamesson is an English teacher by day and bestselling author of romance by night. She is nocturnal by nature and loves nothing more than staying up late, listening to music and being inspired to write. She has always scribbled things down; in her home is one enormous waste paper basket full of discarded phrases, opening lines and pieces of dialogue that have hit her like lightning in the middle of the night or whilst parked up at a set of traffic lights. Her bestselling trilogy, The Story of Us is available worldwide, and she's thrilled to continue Ayden Stone and Beth Parker's epic love story in The Story of Us Series: Into the Blue.

Twitter @SydneyJamesson 
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1LHGYEC 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Spotlight and Review for Everest by S.L. Scott

Title: Everest Author: S.L. Scott Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense SYNOPSIS From New York Times Bestselling Auth...