Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tangled Paths review

                                                            


SYNOPSIS: 

Is it possible to flee your past? Or does it sit patiently, waiting for your return? 

Tired of traveling the world in order to escape reality, Bri Hunter has finally found a place to call home. Settled into Santa Barbara, close to her brother and cousin, she’s ready for a little peace. Wanting to avoid the tormenting, incessant calls she receives, she throws herself into helping her sister-in-law’s growing floral business. It doesn’t take long to run smack into the one guy she’d given up on ever seeing again. 

It’s been five years since Josh Tucker has sobered up, left his Hollywood lifestyle far behind, and sheltered himself in his horse ranch in Santa Ynez, California. If it hadn’t been for his family, he probably wouldn’t be around to tell his story. When a beautiful brunette shows up at his cousin’s vineyard, something in her spiteful eyes tells him their paths have tangled together before. 

As Josh begins to uncover who Bri is, he finds himself falling for her. Will he find a way to convince her to trust him? And will she be able to let go of the past and move forward? When a traumatic event strikes, Bri will have to decide if she’s going to let life continue to cripple her…or set her free. 

**This novel includes mature language and adult situations, but there are no detailed sex scenes** 

~ Does not contain a cliffhanger, ends with a happily ever after and can be read as a stand alone but if you are interested in reading the entire Intertwined Hearts spin-off series, this is the third couple's 
story 


My Review:

I was so excited to have read a copy of Tangled Paths by Kimi Flores. I have to be honest, I am one that reads a book by it's cover. I probably would have passed this book up. That's why I started Books, Wine and Lots of Time, to give books that I would have passed up a chance. I know it seems that I read and blog about suspense, thrillers and erotica but I am a fool when it comes to a wonderfully written contemporary romance. Kimi Flores did not disappoint me with Tangled Paths. I started reading this book yesterday around 10 p.m. and could not put it down til close to 6:30 a.m. I found myself with a silly smile through most of the book. I even had a laugh out loud moment that made me feel silly, I freaking love moments like that in a read. Those moments prove that a writer can grab a hold of you and bring you into that book.
It was so easy to fall in love with these characters and I felt like I was part of the family. Hell...I would have wanted to be any female character in this book ( except for one ). The way the men loved their women was written with so much passion. This author has a way of writing about love, romance and passion without using detailed sexual scenes and your still able to feel those emotions wholeheartedly. I did feel giddy reading Josh and Bri's story, it was one of taking second chances, keeping those you love and that love you close and believing you can overcome any obstacle with the person you love by your side. I laughed and I had heartfelt moments that almost brought me to tears, it is so easy for me to recommend this book. I LOVED this book and Kimi Flores's writing so much that I will be reading her other books 
 "It Started With A Lima Bean " and " An Exceptional Twist " very soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Tempting Daddy's Boss by Madison Faye

Title: Tempting Daddy's Boss Series: Innocence Claimed Series Author: Madison Faye Genre: Contemporary Romance Rel...