Monday, August 3, 2015

One Night Stand review

I have been very lucky that the last 3 books I have read have been close to 5 star reads. That is why I always like to throw in a book that I probably wouldn't have read if I come across it by the title alone.
Hot guy on the book cover never hurt anyone. On this journey of mine to read and review books, I am opening my mind and sometimes I am blindsided by the amount of sexual references that can be written into a book. One Night Stand could have slapped me upside the head with all the sexual escapades.


It was only supposed to be one night! 

We met at a wedding. He was hot. And I’d been in a year’s drought. 

He smiled. We got drunk.We flirted. We hooked up. I left early the next morning without saying goodbye. It was only meant to be a one night stand. I didn’t want the awkward morning after moment. Not at all. 

Then I went home for the weekend. And he was there. Sitting on the couch chatting to my dad. Turns out he was more than just a stranger. Turns out that my one night stand was about to cause a whole heap of trouble. Turns out that it never just stops with one night. 

Readers should be 18 and over due to mature situations and language.

My Review:

While I was reading this book, I recognized the writing from a previous book that I had read " Falling For My Boss". So I guess you can say I am a fan of J.S. Cooper and Helen Cooper and I didn't even know it.  What can I say about Xander and Olivia, he's arrogant and a ass, she is immature and witty at times. Olivia's family is outrages and the circumstances of the story line are unbelievable, but I found myself laughing out loud and referencing it to characters from Sex in the City. The friendship of Liv and Alicia kept a smile on my face and I liked it so much that I downloaded Alicia's story in "Falling for my Best Friends Brother". If you can put aside your tolerance level for sexual references and cheating ( not really classified as cheating) than this book is for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Unintended by Georgia Cates

Title: Unintended Series: The Sin Series #5 Author: Georgia Cates Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: Octo...