Monday, August 24, 2015

Book Review- Controlling Interest

Controlling Interests: A Step-Brother Romance (The Legacy Series Book 2)


Submission is survival…



Sarah 
Trapped. Seduced. Betrayed. 

Submission is my greatest and only revenge. 

To defeat my enemy, I need to survive until my twenty-first birthday. Once I inherit my family's secret trust, I'll finally destroy Darius Bennett and end my captivity, but vengeance comes at a cost. Nicholas Bennett demands a male heir to ensure my safety, and time is running out. 

I fell hard for my step-brother, but loving the man is easier than trusting the Bennett. When the lies, secrets, and promises crash around us, I can’t hide the truth. My only choice is to save myself... 

...Because I don’t know if anyone else will. 

Nicholas 
Devoted. Consumed. Lost. 

I’m out of options, out of allies, out of time. 

I want it all—my step-sister and her heir, the money and empires—and I’ll stop at nothing to ensure they’re mine. But saving the woman I love means either betraying her trust or losing the power that is my birthright. 

How do I protect my family from Sarah Atwood, and how do I keep her safe from my father? 

The answer? I can’t. 

And the sacrifice will ruin us both. 



Note: Controlling Interests is the second book of The Legacy Series and should be read after Takeover. This novel is a dark romance which will include themes of captivity, abuse, and sexual encounters with multiple partners. The story may be uncomfortable for certain readers. However, the series will feature a Happily Ever After and will not include themes of cheating/adultery. 



My Review: 
 Controlling Interest had me squirming and sitting at the edge of my seat, every turn of a page had a secret to be told. Months into being held captive, ravished and beaten, Sarah had to rely on her step- brothers just to stay alive til her 21st birthday. For Sarah, she knew each brother played a part in her survival at the Bennet's estate. Nicholas- proclaimed her, Max- beat her, and Reed was her protector each one has a place in her heart. They understand that everything that they have to do, they do to protect each other and Sarah. The Love of Nicholas and Sarah is intensified, the abuse is magnified and the monster (their father) is more sadistic that could be imagined. Sarah is beaten down and not just physically, her father's secrets and the deaths of her brothers will destroy her. 
Every plan Nicholas takes believing that he can protect Sarah, his brothers and bring down his father is always foreseen and destroyed by this monster. 
They will fight hard to protect her but no matter what they do, they can never run or hide because he will always find her. Cliffhanger of all Cliffhangers that will leave you clawing for the third book Capital Risk.
   
                 *Highly adult suspense novel due to extreme sexual encounters*


                                                                                   About The Author

Lana Grayson was born to write anything and everything to do with romance. Her favorite genres range from the dark and twisty to the lighthearted and sentimental—as long as the characters are memorable, the story is fun, and the romance is steamy. Lana lives in Pittsburgh with her husband, and, when she isn’t bundled in her writing chair, she’s most likely cheering on the Steelers or searching for the ‘Burgh’s best Italian restaurants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Pretty Dirty by Madison Faye

Title: Pretty Dirty Series: Dirty Bad Things #2 Author: Madison Faye Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 11...