Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Monday, August 31, 2015

Book Review - Consequences



Consequences 

by 



Every action has consequences.

Waking in an unfamiliar bedroom in a luxurious mansion, Claire Nichols is terrified to discover that a chance encounter led her into the cruel hands of her abductor, Anthony Rawlings. Claire has no understanding of why she's there, but it's been made abundantly clear--she is now his acquisition and every action has consequences.

Learn the rules to survive.

Facing incomprehensible circumstances, Claire must learn to survive her new reality--every aspect of her livelihood depends upon the tall, dark-eyed tycoon who is a true master of deception. Driven by unknown demons, he has no tolerance for imperfection, in any aspect of his life, including his recent acquisition. Anthony may appear to the world as a handsome, benevolent businessman, but in reality Claire knows firsthand that he's a menacing, controlling captor with very strict rules: do as you're told, public failure is not an option, and appearances are of the utmost importance.

Captivate the captor.

To fit together the pieces of the puzzle, Claire must follow his rules. Will her plan work, or will Anthony become enthralled by Claire's beauty, resilience, and determination, changing the game forever? If that happens, will either of them survive the consequences?

Favorite Lines:

" What I don't want is to ever hurt you like I did. If
you're kept safely away from the world,there's less of a chance
that anything will happen which could cause me to react the way I did"
-Anthony 

"I don't want to upset you. I do want the opportunity to upset you" 
- Claire

" Tell me what you want. What freedoms have I taken, that you'd like returned"
-Anthony

My Review:

I really wished I would have written my review at 4:00 in the morning, when I finished reading this book. I was tossing and turning in bed and having a hard time trying  to articulate my words.  I did not want this story to end so I found myself purchasing the second book Truth and reading it til I could not keep my eyes open.
I guess I should begin with my emotions reading Consequences, I have never read a book with such anger inside myself. I felt like Claire, I am actually reading a book feeling like I am walking on egg shells. I was so nervous to turn a page because even after every great moment Tony and Claire shared, I waited for that one time Claire or someone around her would mess up and Claire would have to suffer the consequence. Aleatha Romig wrote this book with such conviction, I was able to feel every emotion that she wanted expressed in her writing. The scenes of abuse or passion are not to descriptive but so well written that you understand what happened. 

Claire Nichols, grabbed a part of me from the beginning and I wanted so badly to protect her. Claire's punishments will have you crying and begging her to run. I tried to understand her love for Tony and at times I found myself caught up in his charm.

Anthony Rawlings, I hated him with such a passion. How could this gorgeous man be so cruel, controlling and vengeful? How far would he go to get what he wants? His secrets go beyond what you could imagine. A cliffhanger so good your only option is to go straight to the second book.

 I highly recommend...



                                                                         TEASERS




Playlist




No comments:

Post a Comment