Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Book Review- Breaking All The Rules



**This book was previously published as INDULGENT PLEASURES - new cover and new title but otherwise, the story remains the same** 

Stephanie Shaw is beyond desperate to gain her own column at San Francisco’s City magazine. Researching the hottest sexual fantasies of the young and single in the city sounds perfect. But she has one big problem: she has no one to put her extensive research to the test. 

Sexy as sin former pro baseball superstar Justin “The Hawk” Hawkins values his privacy above all else. Recovering from a near fatal motorcycle accident that ended his career too soon, he’s laying low. He certainly didn’t expect to run into a gorgeous girl at a party—and proceed to have sex with her in a limo. 

One taste and they can’t get enough. Soon they’re hooking up in all sorts of unusual places—and falling for each other. But Stephanie’s conflicted. Justin will hate her forever if he finds out she’s detailing their every sexual escapade in her anonymous column for all the city to read. 

When the truth is revealed, will Justin be able to forgive Stephanie? Or will her deception tear them apart?


" Because they mean something, damn it. Because I'm halfway in love with him and I can't do this to what we have."


My Review:

This book caught my attention when I found out about the name change, my curiosity wanted to know which title reflected the storyline. The Synopsis also grabbed me. Stephanie Shaw a writer for her city's paper wants to have her own column. Her subject is sexual fantasies of the young and single. Her boss convinces her to throw herself out there and write about her own sexual escapades. Her eye is always on the prize...having her own column, but at what cost?  
Stephanie never expected to run into a sexy young man at a party, who she later finds out he is  pro baseball star Justin Hawkins. Hawkins who has his own problems having to retire early due to a motorcycle accident and trying to figure out his life after baseball. A one night stand leads to it being documented for  the paper. Justin, unaware that their sexual tryst of the top sexual fantasy's have now been written weekly for every one to read. Of course their names have been changed in the stories and Stephanie was guaranteed that their names would stay anonymous. With a bitchy boss and a asshole for a coworker, who knows if her life would stay the same. 
I really enjoyed this book, it was funny, touching at times and their sexual encounters were well written and very detailed. I did like the characters, I liked Justin a little more than Stephanie and  I found that I didn't want their story to end.

* I would rank this high in adult romance due to all the sexual content *

About The Author Monica Murphy

I write books. I have the best job ever. New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. Writer of new adult contemporary romance-ish stuff. Published with Avon and Bantam. Mom and wife. Native Californian. 

For more information, please visit my website at http://monicamurphyauthor.com or sign up for my newsletter (copy and paste the link into your browser): http://bit.ly/IW5U0y

I'm also known as USA Today bestseller romance author Karen Erickson (http://karenerickson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment