Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Relinquished review- A Must Read

I just finished Relinquished by K.A. Hunter and I could not hurry fast enough to write my review. There are very few authors that could make me feel like I am part of the book. Hunter did not disappoint, I was a emotional wreck.
In Relinquished, Jules Donovan is a tough woman who had to be. With a tortured past and a childhood of being moved from one foster home to another, she always had the feeling of being watched. She called a bug infested motel home and took a job at a dive bar and that is where she meets Dante and Holden, the Riley brothers. A connection is made and for Jules, who never knew what it felt like to be loved or trusting anyone but herself. Finally, knows what it feels like to feel protected.
Dante, has a jerkiness about him that confused me. I literally wanted to sucker punch him ( he is big, so that would be the only way I could get a hit in) or give him a big kiss and hug. Why did he seem to know more about Jules and want to keep it a secret ?
Holden, I swoon just typing his name. I could feel his love radiate through every page that it sent goosebumps to my skin. His desire for affection or actual love making made me tremble and elevated my heart rate. His passion and love was perfectly written. Holden would do anything to protect the one he loves.

"Love isn't something to regret, Jules. Anything in life can destroy you, but I'd rather be so deeply affected by someone that I'm willing to fight against all odds for her than never experience it." 

Relinquish is a romance suspense, K. A. Hunter's writing is so good that she did not have to use uncomfortable provocative words to get the emotions across for the barely written love making. You could feel the passion and love with just the hand holding or the lightly brushing the hair off the face. The suspense written in the book had me feeling like I was in the room looking back and forth between characters and found myself becoming into protective mode. 

I could shout out loud... that this passion of writing is what I look forward too and  love in a book or a writer. I first felt this kind of writing in a T.K. Leigh book and I yearn for it in every read. 
K.A. Hunter, I look forward to your next book and pray that it is part of the Riley brothers saga.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! I'm blown away by your words! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome and I look forward to reading more of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome and I look forward to reading more of your books.

    ReplyDelete

Release Blitz for His Pregnant Secretary by Joanne Rock

  Title: Little Secrets: His Pregnant Secretary Series: The McNeill Magnates #4 Author: Joanne Rock Genre: Contemporar...