Sunday, July 5, 2015

My review for Heart of Light by T.K. Leigh

I just finished Heart of Light by T.K. Leigh and I have to say, I was an emotional mess. I almost wanted to snap at my hubby when he kept insisting that I watch the women's soccer game.
Heart of Light had me right from the start, I fell heart first for Jolene. Jolene was taken from her father at the age of 16 and forced in the life of human trafficking.  10 yrs later with the help of others she escapes and hopes to find freedom but ends up finding love in Dr. Cameron Bowen who helps her tear down her walls of fear and trust. There are strong sexual words in this book  but the sex  between Cam and Jolene only intensifies their love.
Jolene's freedom doesnt last long and it's a gut wrenching ride to read. There were a couple of times I thought that I was going to fall off my couch and yell....NO!!!
This book had me fall in love with some of the characters and want to slap or gut punch others.  There were characters I wanted to hug and just say "Thank You" . 
This book also sparked my interest in one particular character that I cannot get my mind off  of and I will read more about him when I read A Beautiful Mess. I highly recommend reading this book. I am adding to my book list  another of  T.K. Leigh's stand alone novel , Heart of Marley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for Iowish Roots by E.J. Whitmer

Title: Iowish Roots Author: E.J. Whitmer Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 15, 2017 Blurb A...